Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at valve adjustment tools in the AC tool catalog and found the best price through Country Cat but it was steep! Looked on Amazon and found a set up that was 1/4 the price and will work on multiple machines. Being that I set the valves 1-2 times a year I went the cheap route! LOL

·
Registered
812 Posts
Could have went cheaper with my uesd once oem one. Sold the XTZ bur still have the valve tool..I'll sell it half price, but I'm on the road till this weekend if you needed it sooner.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used it already! Indicator marks on the head equal .001 for each mark. Double checked and it is accurate. Now I'll put it away and forget what I did with it! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I should probably adjust mine one of these days, haven't done it since I bought it. Have a small oil leak on the back of the cylinder head, just above the exhaust port, so I may tear it down this spring and do a upper cylinder rebuild. I can do it at my leisure, now that I have the RZR to race around in.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More than likely the rocker arm cover leaking. All they use is silicon sealant, no gasket. Setting the valves with feeler gage is most accurate, but the tool makes the job a snap! I picked mine up on Amazon (buy it now!), has 8,9,ans 10mm wrenches, and three different valve adjuster heads. One index mark equals .001. Even I can work it! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I know where to go in January/February!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup ... the race actually is directly next to the RV park , actually skirts th park in one place .. gets a lil dusty at that end of the park for a couple hours LOL My spot is a couple hundred yards away

the vendor area is in the Blue Water parking lot .. big tent area and the race cars are there also for tech check in ... a cluster F if ya know what I mean

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looked at valve adjustment tools in the AC tool catalog and found the best price through Country Cat but it was steep! Looked on Amazon and found a set up that was 1/4 the price and will work on multiple machines. Being that I set the valves 1-2 times a year I went the cheap route! LOL
Hey RD, I would be interested in a link to that amazon tool set if possible. Not sure how I missed this........ :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey RD, I would be interested in a link to that amazon tool set if possible. Not sure how I missed this........ :rolleyes:
This is from Amazon,
BikeMaster Valve Adjustable Wrenches - -
by BikeMaster around 30 USD, there are cheaper tools, but they may or may not work on the AC motors.

Reactions: Paxx

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is from Amazon,
BikeMaster Valve Adjustable Wrenches - -
by BikeMaster around 30 USD, there are cheaper tools, but they may or may not work on the AC motors.
Thanks RD!!! I saw that one and wondered if it was the one!! I may make me one. I have a metal lathe and a bit of a machine shop.......would be a fun project. Then again..........last time I was moving snow I thought I could hear the front cylinder valves tapping a bit........should adjust them, so may order it and get it over with!!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes for a quick job! Each index mark is .001, I did double check the results with feeler gages and it was dead nuts on!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Makes for a quick job! Each index mark is .001, I did double check the results with feeler gages and it was dead nuts on!
Your tool must have 16 marks? I've found that the adjustment screw is a 2mm x 0.40mm pitch giving it 63.5 tpi. That would make 1/16th of a turn .00098 of an inch. The one form Arctic cat has 8 and as such is actually .001968 per mark and not the .002 that Arctic cat says it has!!! :) lol

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I gotta go look! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts