Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often does everybody adjust the valves my manual says the first 100 miles then at 500 miles.i did mine the first 100 miles and havent did them since.1550 miles now and dont here them rattling.:confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
every 1500 miles for me

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
1000 miles for me

·
Registered
733 Posts
I need to get mine done.. a little bit of noise now.. I called my dealer and they said they haven't done a valve adjustment on a 700 yet?? doesn't make sense but sounds like other guys with 700's have done adjustments..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I need to get mine done.. a little bit of noise now.. I called my dealer and they said they haven't done a valve adjustment on a 700 yet?? doesn't make sense but sounds like other guys with 700's have done adjustments..
When the valves are off a lot you machine will loose a little power thats what mine did and also be hard starting, a little tip adjust them a little on the tight side.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I do it so much I bought cool tools for it!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thanks Joe. Those look pretty cool. So from the looks of the wrench to me, the outer loosens the locking nut and all you have to do is twist the thumb knob to adjust the valve, correct? Pretty nifty......
That is correct It is so much easier now for me to do the valves . I dont mind doing then now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts