Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if one could use the Valvoline 10w-40 atv oil in my prower 700 hdx. the regular arctic cat oil is so expensive. and from what I understand, this oil is wet clutch compliant.
Thanks, steve

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if one could use the Valvoline 10w-40 atv oil in my prower 700 hdx. the regular arctic cat oil is so expensive. and from what I understand, this oil is wet clutch compliant.
Thanks, steve
I know what ya mean the $40 oil change kit is high, any oil that is wet clutch compliant should work. I haven't tried that oil yet, my last oil change I decided to try something else also and I used Rotella T6 Synthetic , so far it's been running great. As long as it says it wet clutch or JASO-MA compliant it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks, steve
Like mike said any oil for wet clutch....all the brands of oil have come a long ways in Quality....:).

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Should work fine if it is wet clutch certified.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, I remain confused. My manual says to use the Arctic cat oil or a quality 0W-40. So, I picked up Mobil 1 0W-40.

I dont see anything in the specs that says anything about wet clutch but it remains the recommended oil per the manual?

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
If its wet clutch compatible it should say on the back of the Quart.
The actual wording in the manual,
"Although Arctic Cat ACX All Weather synthetic engine oil is the only oil recommended for use in this engine, use of any API certified SM 0W-40 oil is acceptable. "

Mobil 1 is API certified SM 0W-40.

I dont have the container to check.........

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I have used Mobil One Synthetic Motorcycle oil, it is listed as wet clutch compatible. 10/40, and 20/50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, me again. was just looking around. has anyone used the Maxima SXS full synthetic 4-stroke oil. I see the price aint to bad, just wondering if its good stuff. I want to make sure i use a good premium motor oil in my Prowler HDX.
Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello, me again. was just looking around. has anyone used the Maxima SXS full synthetic 4-stroke oil. I see the price aint to bad, just wondering if its good stuff. I want to make sure i use a good premium motor oil in my Prowler HDX.
Thanks, Steve
Maxima is great oil..............

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Do they still have duty free below 100.00 dollars per month? Been a very long time since I filled out a customs form!

·
Registered
561 Posts
We are allowed 800.00 cdn per person plus 1.14 liter of booze and a carton of smokes. I don't smoke so never bring them back. I'm at my limit usually when I come back. But I got the wife with me this time so good for another 800.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That is good to know! I was blown away on the prices in Canada!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I guess we have it pretty good after all! We were sticker shocked when we visited Quebec! Could not get out of a restaurant for less than 130.00 dollars! But still worth the visit, simply beautiful city, lot of history, and people were friendly! Plan on going again!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Just got done changing mine this morning and I used the Valvoline. With the filter, it took exactly 2 qts. Need to go plow some snow in a few minutes. When I climbed under it for the first time since I owned it, I found the middle skid plate is missing! Don't know if the previous owner removed it or if I tore it off somewhere. But its gone. So, I'm gonna measure what I need and make a new one from plate aluminum this week.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I think you would have known if you torn it off, that's a lot of scews to pull out from the front to the rear of the rig without hearing something.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I put an aluminum one on mine, but I also sectioned it so I can pull a panel off underneath the drain plug. Helped a lot when changing oil, and filter.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts