Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
WOW she looks great Darryl ! i cant wait to put some miles on it ! if you need anything let me know i may be able to get away for a couple of days in the next month .

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
WOW she looks great Darryl ! i cant wait to put some miles on it ! if you need anything let me know i may be able to get away for a couple of days in the next month .
Thanks Matt, I hope to put a few miles on it right after the 4th of July holiday.
Thought you might want to see your office space for August...

I'll keep you posted on it. Thanks for the info on the radios, I have a guy that has electronics left over from when he was racing and might be able to make me a killer deal, if not, I'm looking at the RP350-2 and Vertex Radio package... good pricing at $900 or so...

·
Registered
491 Posts
just a thought i can pull my IN CAR rugged out of mine if need be . i havnt been able to talk to clayton for a few days so i dont know the status on his radios yet , i ll keep you posted .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Darryl,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on help. I will not be able to be direct help for you during the V2R. I had already commited to help a friend but was waiting to see if he was for sure racing. I do want to try to hook up and meet all of you at tech. I do want to help in the future. Darryl, once you find out your freq on the race radios let me know and I will monitor to see how you all are doing and if you need help and we are in the area we would be glad to assist. My buddy is running a jeep speed and they start close to the rear of the field so hopefully all goes as planned and I dont see you race day until we are all drinkin a cold one. Again if you need anything before or during the race let me know. Troy 714-812-5782

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Darryl,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on help. I will not be able to be direct help for you during the V2R. I had already commited to help a friend but was waiting to see if he was for sure racing. I do want to try to hook up and meet all of you at tech. I do want to help in the future. Darryl, once you find out your freq on the race radios let me know and I will monitor to see how you all are doing and if you need help and we are in the area we would be glad to assist. My buddy is running a jeep speed and they start close to the rear of the field so hopefully all goes as planned and I dont see you race day until we are all drinkin a cold one. Again if you need anything before or during the race let me know. Troy 714-812-5782
Thanks Troy, we'll catch up at tech. If we can help your team, let us know.

We have our in-car teams now. I'll drive first leg with Rindy Zamboni as my navigator. Matt Hunt will drive 2nd leg with Ryan Drake as his navigator. When the car gets to Top Gun (south of Fallon), we may switch again, depending on how worn Matt and Ryan are. Heat, dust and technical driving may wear the guys out pretty bad when you consider, they'll be in the car, non-stop for 5 to 6 hours.
We have 4 fuel stops lined up, and several radio or quick checks. Lots of high speed fire-roads. We'll run a steady and conservative race, finishing will be the main goal. Drive the course at a pre-run speed and you'll be surprised how effective that can be. Attrition due to breakage is the main reason cars lose this race.

Dan Dubose, former owner of Blue Torch Fabworks has said he would like to run chase with us. If any of you need graphics work he's doing that now, but thinks one day he may be swing hammers again. His monikers are, he likes to build stuff and tear up stuff....so he will fit right in.

Rindy Z is from Sparks, NV. She's been involved with motocross in that area, twists a pretty mean throttle herself and knows how to read terrain.

Ryan is a VORRA racer by hobby, firefighter by trade. He's working his way up in racing and will be a good addition to the team.

Matt, another race just was announced in NM. On August 6th, is the New Mexico 200 Desert Race, in Rio Rancho, NM (just outside of Albuquerque). I'm going to run that race to prep for the V2R. You might consider coming over to that race to get a feel of the car and see if you think there is anything we need to change at the last minute. There won't be alot of stiff comp in the UTV Pro class, but enough we can run the car out good. Our class starts in the afternoon and finishes in the dark.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i might just be able to do that darryl . ill just have to see how my $$$ level is that weekend . im doing alot of ''travel for play" this month ill just see how it is when it gets a lil closer .

41 - 46 of 46 Posts