Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Try soundproofing your engine cover, I did mine like this and it made a world of difference. see attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put the mat on the center console and it helped but i noticed that my soft top is about 2 inches to short on the back and its letting lots of sound in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I seen some stuff on TV the other day called Lizard Skin, its a spray on sound deadner. They also have some spray on thermal insulation. Haven't tried it but loooks like a good product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great thread, I love it when I get an answer to a question I never thought to ask.

Ordered up 25sq ft of mat from ebay, looking forward to doing the install.

Bob...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I seen some stuff on TV the other day called Lizard Skin, its a spray on sound deadner. They also have some spray on thermal insulation. Haven't tried it but loooks like a good product.
i used lizard skin in my jeep for heat ans sound. I was not happy with the performance

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so far good , maybe a lil less than 1000 miles on mine with the mat

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Dyna Mat is a great product! I have two years on mine and it has not come loose, and it did help with heat and noise. Only area where it is tight is the cup holders on mine!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I did the same thing plus rapped the exhaust. Also put rubber between the top and roll bar to stop the vibration. Big help. DON~~~
I wrapped my pipe and it caused it to break, I posted some pics on another thread. I tried to order a new one and they no longer make them.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I still have the heat wrap on my LTE system, but it is Stainless Steel, I can order a new U bend if needed. I'm thinking about taking the wrap off! I had the same issues on my car headers, ended up using Jet Hot coatings, great job on my headers, and it showed no signs of heat breakdown after 5 years of use.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Here's a good visual of how bad heater wrap is, I stopped the wrap when I got to where the springs connect to hold the muffler, the part that was wrapped looks like crap and the other side of the brackets is great. Here's the message I got back when I tried to order a new one:
Bad news. The part listed below in orange are currently out of stock at our warehouse and unfortunately have also been discontinued by the original manufacturer. We will not be able to get the part for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Here's a good visual of how bad heater wrap is, I stopped the wrap when I got to where the springs connect to hold the muffler, the part that was wrapped looks like crap and the other side of the brackets is great. Here's the message I got back when I tried to order a new one:
Bad news. The part listed below in orange are currently out of stock at our warehouse and unfortunately have also been discontinued by the original manufacturer. We will not be able to get the part for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
They either went through a lot of them or never built any for stock.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts