Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used Jet Hot on the entire exhaust system on my sand car and it still looks great. They coat it on the inside and out side. Well worth the money. DON~~~

·
Registered
518 Posts
I used Jet Hot on the entire exhaust system on my sand car and it still looks great. They coat it on the inside and out side. Well worth the money. DON~~~
And how much (roughly)?

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Just kind of going out on a limb here. How about spraying the inside of the motor cowl with spray on sound deadener? Kind of how Z-Bart does it. I have 4 cans of it from my truck. Hate to do it then regret it. I was also thinking of it to fill in the gaps in the back behind the seat pans. Stuff sticks to anything and you can spray it up to 1/2" thick. What do you think? Besides, "try it and tell us how it work for ya" :D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think it would work, but not really familiar with the product. As long as heat doesn't effect it I can't see any reason not to try it.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I think it would work, but not really familiar with the product. As long as heat doesn't effect it I can't see any reason not to try it.
I'm with that idea , if no heat destruction and spray on might be an easy job of it

·
Registered
432 Posts
....Only thing I could see is if you ever wanted to remove it, might be a problem getting all of it off if sprayed on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
zticket how do they do the inside.........Dip it into a container.....
They have long tubes with spray tips on the end to spray, then bake it in a oven. You have to be careful with it (finger prints) until you start the engine to finish the baking process. It holds up well. DON~~~

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I used the chrome like finish on my headers, they held up great and did not discolor like real chrome does. Only issue I had was salt on the roads blemished the apperance, sent them back to Jet Hot and they re-coated them, I only payed shipping. Second set I had the Jet Hod 2000 applied (great for higher temps), it had a semi-gloss black textured like finish, and was very durable. I never could scratch them! Be well worth the cost, makes the pipes last a lifetime!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had my dynamat delivered. I'm hoping it will be a big difference. We'll see. I'm heading I probably won't hear to much of a difference until I get a cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Once you get the mat in, you will notice other sounds! LOL

·
Registered
63 Posts
To be honest though, the noise is a concern because I'll be using this to get around the big woods up north in WI. For riding or utility work, it's really not that bad.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I insulated my engine cover years ago and if I remember right there are studs on the inside of the engine cover you can screw the insulation to. DON~~~

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
To be honest though, the noise is a concern because I'll be using this to get around the big woods up north in WI. For riding or utility work, it's really not that bad.

are these forests logged ? ... if so don't worry about some noise as logging make much more noise than your prowler and the critters are very used to the noise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
are these forests logged ? ... if so don't worry about some noise as logging make much more noise than your prowler and the critters are very used to the noise.

That's a good point. I guess so often, I want to be quiet as a church mouse. But they probably are used to a decent amount of noise.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I agree with Don, heat was the primary reason!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
After spending time in my buddies ranger 900 I want to try and get the prowler noise down a bit too. It was nice to be able to have a normal conversation and even talk quietly when we are running down the trail.

Was one kit of the dynamat enough to do the job or do you need 2? I am 800 miles away from the whip right now so I can measure it up myself.

Thanks

21 - 40 of 44 Posts