Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Appleby's last night for there Veterans Meal! Thanks Appleby's! The restaurant was packed as usual! Looking at all of the Nam Vets, and realized we grew up! Average age in Nam was something like 21! I spent two tours in Nam before I turned 21! Damn we were a young force to be reckoned with! Salute to all Vets!

Reactions: Bryan

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
amen a salute from Reno also

very humbled by the men who have served and stood for peace and freedom through out the world.

they refused to take my enlistment and also created a new draft class for guys like me ... too tall and big .. they called it 1Y , used to 4F the guys but the 1Y class said the would take us in national emergency but not regular draft. the reason they did the 1Y classification was too many guys were unable to get employment with that classification.
so anyway I tried to enlist in all branches of the service only to be turned down :(

RD .. we're from the same era, saw way too many of my friends return to less then favorable reception and to this day feel regret for how they were treated by the citizenry and "times" we lived in.

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amen a salute from Reno also

very humbled by the men who have served and stood for peace and freedom through out the world.

they refused to take my enlistment and also created a new draft class for guys like me ... too tall and big .. they called it 1Y , used to 4F the guys but the 1Y class said the would take us in national emergency but not regular draft. the reason they did the 1Y classification was too many guys were unable to get employment with that classification.
so anyway I tried to enlist in all branches of the service only to be turned down :(

RD .. we're from the same era, saw way too many of my friends return to less then favorable reception and to this day feel regret for how they were treated by the citizenry and "times" we lived in.
We served with pride, and then got kicked to the curb! WTF! Never had any use for liberals after that! JMHO!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Sorry I'm late posting,
Thanks to all who have served and those who continue to serve to protect our freedom. You should never get kicked to the curb and deserve the utmost respect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts