Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a tour on the road today and noticed that my xtx ill all over the road like a fat kid on smarties. I was wondering if anyone can gimme a quick "how to" on setting the toe?? I have heard that 1/4-1/2" toe IN is the way to go, but do i have to pull the tie rod ends out??? or is there a way to do it without removing them??? thanks

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I set mine at 1/8 to 1/4 of toe in and seems to work pretty good. You do not have to pull the tie rods to adjust them. Just loosen the jam nut at the tie rod end and then turn the tie rod to achieve what you want. Oh yea I set mine with one or two people sitting in it. That way it is set at what is true ride height.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have my 5ft plow on and 2 patio stones in the back, so that should be enough weight to compensate. So can i leave the wheels on too??? (im lazy) :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the AC service manual says that you are supposed to set the toe to 1/4 - 1/2 inch OUT.

And yes, the wheels stay on while you do it. You just loosen the jam nut and spin the tie rod until its right, then re-tighten the jam nuts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, well i just set mine up to toe IN 1/2". it was waaaaay outta wack!!! front measurment was 59 1/4" and rear of the tire was 61 7/8"!!! wee bit of a toe in! that would explain the wanderin i guess. can anyone else confirm toe in VS toe out???

·
Registered
72 Posts
oh, well i just set mine up to toe IN 1/2". it was waaaaay outta wack!!! front measurment was 59 1/4" and rear of the tire was 61 7/8"!!! wee bit of a toe in! that would explain the wanderin i guess. can anyone else confirm toe in VS toe out???

This is a screen shot from the AC service manual.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I set mine per Sandchris specs and it is perfect at any speed.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I set my toe at 0 and it drives much better.

·
Registered
682 Posts
We have found by example that just because the manual says something that doesn't mean that it is correct, and yes sandchris is usually right.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If you guys want to get really deep into this you will notice that when the suspension cycles you could have as much as three inches of toe out at full compression. I have seen them differ slightly. So if you set them at 1/2 inch of toe out with no weight in it and then you and a passenger get in you could be setting at 1 inch of toe out at ride height. Then when the suspension goes to full compression or almost full you will have a bunch. If you ever have the front shock or shocks off cycle the suspension from full droop or extension to full compression you might be surprised how much it changes the toe in and out. Of course if you have aftermarket arms and tie rods it should be different because hopefully the manufacture of you long travel fixed this problem.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If you guys want to get really deep into this you will notice that when the suspension cycles you could have as much as three inches of toe out at full compression. I have seen them differ slightly. So if you set them at 1/2 inch of toe out with no weight in it and then you and a passenger get in you could be setting at 1 inch of toe out at ride height. Then when the suspension goes to full compression or almost full you will have a bunch. If you ever have the front shock or shocks off cycle the suspension from full droop or extension to full compression you might be surprised how much it changes the toe in and out. Of course if you have aftermarket arms and tie rods it should be different because hopefully the manufacture of you long travel fixed this problem.
I do agree with SandChris he is the man but on my prowler if I toe it in at all in normal driving it seems a little over sensitive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i've been driving my prowler to a buddys house and carpooling with him, about 5-6 km of road and it handles awesome with the 1/2" toe in. no wandering at all. thanks guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts