Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!
My fathers old Prowler 650 is in desperate need of some new shocks. I'm wondering if any of you gentleman have your factory set laying around that you're interested in selling that still have lots of life left in them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I remembered he had some and PM'd him to see if he still had em. If not, hopefully someone else might.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang. Just read through that thread and it looks like he sold them.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
try e bay???

·
Registered
518 Posts
Can they be rebuilt?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been checking ebay, but unfortunately I can only find used shocks for XTZ 1000s or spendy aftermarket shocks at $1000+. As for rebuilding them, I know you can buy the shock (minus the coil) for $59/ea from any of the arctic cat stores. Was just hoping to find some low mileage used units to save money. His are completely shot. To the point one actually broke off. If you can, keep your eyes out for a full set and let me know if you find any? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I've been checking ebay, but unfortunately I can only find used shocks for XTZ 1000s or spendy aftermarket shocks at $1000+. As for rebuilding them, I know you can buy the shock (minus the coil) for $59/ea from any of the arctic cat stores. Was just hoping to find some low mileage used units to save money. His are completely shot. To the point one actually broke off. If you can, keep your eyes out for a full set and let me know if you find any? Thanks!
Will keep an eye out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I realize everybody's financial situation is different, but $59/shock is pretty reasonable. Know anybody with a spring compressor?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get that $240 isn't bad, but it comes down to finances at the moment. My parents are retired and their income leaves little left over to work with. On my end, I've already got projects I'm already committed to finishing up which leaves me in a bind to spend that much at the moment to help. So I'm just seeing who has what and for how much to see if I can find a good deal. I've usually had good luck with eBay, but not for this item. Just gonna be patient and keep looking around. Who knows, I might still just order the shock bodies and rebuild them for him.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I get that $240 isn't bad, but it comes down to finances at the moment. My parents are retired and their income leaves little left over to work with. On my end, I've already got projects I'm already committed to finishing up which leaves me in a bind to spend that much at the moment to help. So I'm just seeing who has what and for how much to see if I can find a good deal. I've usually had good luck with eBay, but not for this item. Just gonna be patient and keep looking around. Who knows, I might still just order the shock bodies and rebuild them for him.
Gary I wish i still had my old ones,I had those for years,at one time i had them in our local bulletin board for 50 dollars.............we will find you a set buddy.:)they had 600 miles on them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts