Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story.

I bought the used Cat in May.

The factory installed AC Warn 3500 did not work....took it apart and the armature was completely fried.

Called the Dealer I bought it from, he agreed to sell me another new out of the box winch for $200.00 (winch only) .

I installed it an it worked.

Yesterday I tried the winch....not go.... tested for power at the in out leads of the winch ...nothing.

Removed the winch....opened it and its a clean as a whistle.

Took a car battery.....grounded it to the frame of the uninstalled winch....and tried power to both the In and Out connections....had one little turn then nothing!!

Anything else I can do to test the winch itself before trouble shooting the cables and solenoid in the bike?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Here is the story.

I bought the used Cat in May.

The factory installed AC Warn 3500 did not work....took it apart and the armature was completely fried.

Called the Dealer I bought it from, he agreed to sell me another new out of the box winch for $200.00 (winch only) .

I installed it an it worked.

Yesterday I tried the winch....not go.... tested for power at the in out leads of the winch ...nothing.

Removed the winch....opened it and its a clean as a whistle.

Took a car battery.....grounded it to the frame of the uninstalled winch....and tried power to both the In and Out connections....had one little turn then nothing!!

Anything else I can do to test the winch itself before trouble shooting the cables and solenoid in the bike?
Did you check the winch contactor?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did test the contactor (solenoid) but am unsure if I did so correctly.....that is why I chose to remove the winch and test it on the workbench

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the winch works with a good power and ground source?
Does not appear to.

I have it on the workbench.... Battery with booster cables.....ground the negative to the mounting plate of the winch.

Apply power to either the IN or OUT connection and nothing.

I called the Dealer....he said its must be the solenoid and can't be the winch as it is Brand new....I told him of me bench testing it....he still thinks it the solenoid....dunno how....but anyways

I will be taking the winch and solenoid to him next month (Vacation for me) as I work days, and his shop is 2hrs away. He said they will test both items and look after me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts