Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the very first day I owned my XTZ I filled it up and gas started running out from under it. As I looked closer there's a filler tube extension that leaked the fuel. So I over filled it a little no big deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I was to go through water that would reach that seem wouldn't my gas tank fill up with water? Are all Prowlers like this and is it a problem if I went through water that just barely goes over my gas cap? Any ideas or is this not a concern? Thanks! KO.

·
Registered
250 Posts
my tank has the same crack around the fuel filler, jb weld works for about 2 years, im thinking about making a fuel cell from aluminum that will fit the same as the factory tank, as for the water ive never been thru water that deep here in az but im sure it would leak into the tank if submerged, or maybe the fuel vapor would be enough to keep the water out, not sure...

·
Registered
250 Posts
sorry i wasnt paying attention to youre post, my tank is cracked but i know where youre talking about in the neck, it has like a white collar in the filler of the tank, some kind of overflow i guess, theres guys that run through water up to theyre necks and dont have issues with fuel delivery so i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It just seems like if fuel leaks out water will leak in? Do all prowlers have the seam about 3 inches down from the cap?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine does and I have DEFINETELY had the tank/neck underwater with no problems yet (knock on wood). But that could just be the one single, solitary, thing I've been lucky on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts