Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the new models are out this morning...what a let down. Power steering is all that's new. 700S LTD, 550S LTD, TRV700S GT, 700S, 550S, TRV550S GT.
Just the add on of speed adjusting power steering to their previous LE and standard models.
But my dealer rep did say more is to come...so who knows...
Big let down.... :mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Must be nice, I still haven't heard from mine, but that is total crap. I'm sure a nice price tag comes with those also.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be nice, I still haven't heard from mine, but that is total crap. I'm sure a nice price tag comes with those also.
Pm me your email, I'll forward the reps email to you. It has the introduction letter and info from Brad Darling.

·
Registered
48 Posts
eaac this is race bum we were talking on Arctic cat chat yesterday. I got banned from AC chat yesterday did you? I dont know why but I can not post anything. I guess the release on the 4th went with and pleaded the 5th on anything new for Prowlers unless I missed something.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eaac this is race bum we were talking on Arctic cat chat yesterday. I got banned from AC chat yesterday did you? I dont know why but I can not post anything. I guess the release on the 4th went with and pleaded the 5th on anything new for Prowlers unless I missed something.
What did you get banned on arcticchat for?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just made a post there just to make sure I could and I didn't have a problem. That is BS for them to do that, I would e-mail the moderator and see whats up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do not know. We were talking about why anything was not released on the 4th i guess. Anyway I can not reply to anything. Kind of sucks because I cant even reply to someone on my own post.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did e-mail them and got nothing back, I did again today also. I must be one bad sob to get banned!! The thing is I dont know if that is what happened or if there is a problem somewhere. Anyway the product was released and back to the chat yesterday, how are we going to get rid of the units we have in stock when the powersteering is out. Did you all get any prices on the ps units.

·
Registered
271 Posts
getting banned from arctic chat seems unlikely. i have NEVER seen them ban someone and i've been on there a year. most likely there is a simple mistake with your login or something.

and hopefully you guys will get something for your SxS soon i know you guys are always wanting something new

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Race Bum, I went onto that forum and looked up your member profile. It didn't show you as being banned, so I think it may be some other problem.
You might try clearing the cookies on your computer and then re-logging in. Try to post in other threads to see if it allowes you to.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am having a big enough problem just selling an ATV in my area right now. If I sell anything it is a Prowler nobody has been even looking at ATVs in my store for quite a while. I'm sure Arctic Cat will leave it up to us to really figure out how to get rid of our existing units. I haven't seen any prices yet for these power steering units, but I imagine that it is going to be pretty high.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It is really no big deal as I dont post much anyway, but I will wait and see if something happens in the next few days. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Can-Am's went up 500 bucks with power steering. I think that 500 more is not to bad for what you get. I just dont see how we will move stuff we have now to make room for the ps units. Iam not into selling stuff below cost and you see it everyday on ebay etc. Even some are cost minus rebates and then even more off.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have never had to sell anything below cost before and feel the same, but for the first time in over 10 years I think I am going to have to do just to get some cash flow, too many other dealers around do it and I can't sit on these 2008s for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never had to sell anything below cost before and feel the same, but for the first time in over 10 years I think I am going to have to do just to get some cash flow, too many other dealers around do it and I can't sit on these 2008s for the rest of my life.
I agree, I don't have but a couple of older (08) models here, but still have quite a few 09's and lots of '10s. I'm to the point of selling the 09's below cost just to get my GE floorplan down and have already cut the hell out of my 2010 pricing. And I already have to order more 2010 product just so I can qualify for the financing and incentive programs so I can sell what I have... talk about a catch 22.... We've already lost 1 dealer within 60 miles of here, another hasn't place a qualifying order in a couple of years, now it's hitting us and we're about the only ones left. :eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know I just can't justify getting any more ATV's they just aren't moving and I am in business to make money not break even, but then I can't get any of the programs an then the customers get upset because they don't get the extended warranty or the good financing. I am going to talk to some of the banks around here and see if I can work with them for financing my customers

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really feel like I am not in control of my own business. Do you find it funny that some of the reps come from a failed dealership. Some have had one on their own or worked for one that has failed. That is what I think is funny when they tell you that you have to do this to make it. The first wave order is what killed me. They really only had new colors if you take a look at it, and I had plenty of 08 and 09 left, but I had to order 550 and 700 to make it on programs. I want to run my own show how I want to and I am going to stress that at my next order period.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really feel like I am not in control of my own business. Do you find it funny that some of the reps come from a failed dealership. Some have had one on their own or worked for one that has failed. That is what I think is funny when they tell you that you have to do this to make it. The first wave order is what killed me. They really only had new colors if you take a look at it, and I had plenty of 08 and 09 left, but I had to order 550 and 700 to make it on programs. I want to run my own show how I want to and I am going to stress that at my next order period.
Yeah, I'm also a John Deere dealer and if JD ran it like this, there wouldn't be any dealers left for them....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm a Case IH dealer and totally agree with you guys, if Case did this there is now way they could be a global company, I guess that is why AC has so much trouble going global. Other reps are just Arctic Cat puppets that have no sales of business experience at all, they just worked their way up from the assembly line. When I have told my rep in the past that I would not order what they asked me to because it was ridiculous, he tried telling me that nobody has a crystal ball to see into the future and acted like he knows my area better than I do, yea right. You know what happened a few months later, the recession, but I'm just a dealer what do I know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts