Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i just got back from a awsome weekend at Gordons Well ! the Ol Cat did amazing right up to the point when she broke ! lol while rolling down sand highway we were about 7 miles from GW , running between 50 60mph . i let up on the gas a moment to let a guy pass . laid back into it and all the sudden BANG ! buggy jumps off the groundwith tires locked up slides alil till the tires break loose again and rolls to a stop ! . no problem right? rip into it comfirm broken belt . blast to glamis , pay $90 for a new one from KD cycle. blast back and change it . fire it up pull forward and its making a knocking sound . i flip it in to 2wd and the noise went away . run it up and down the road a minute in both 2 and 4 wd and no more noise . ok by this time my group of 15 people are plowed and ready to go . so i lay into it and let her rip . so were running about 60mph again and 2 miles ater i did the same thing let up to let a guy pass and when i hit the gas again BOOM ! DONE, GAME OVER ! LOL so i get to ride the tow rope 10 miles back to GW . im running it over to Chris at EAAC this week , but i wondered what you all thought might of happened . by the looks of the belt it doesnt smell or look burned . it really just expolded ! and tore apart ! i have pics ill post tomarrow when i get the camera out . im thinking something inthe wet clutch locked up and streched that bet under load till it exploded . when we got back to camp . pulling in slow there was a deep knocking sound coming from the trans .

i wouldnt think i over worked it just blasting down sand highway ? it wasnt like i had it floored it was running awsome and about 3/4 throttle . if so what do i need to change to keep this from happening . i wanted to have the clutches done before this trip but AIRDAM was to booked to fit in both of our time frames . so they are still getting done aftdr i find out what happened here .

oh YEAH the EARTHQUAKE was Fn AWSOME !!!!!!! BEST RIDE OF THE WEEKEND !!! .

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody has any ideas what happened? i talked with ChriS @ eaac and he is curious to see what happened too! lol

BIPOLAR JIM , DARRYL either of you seen this happen yet in the desert racing ?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
PM sent Matt.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM sent Matt.

for all of the rest of you , darryl threw out the idea that one of the clutches stuck in the tight postion and failed to release the belt . and when i hit the gas the other clutch tightened up to the point the belt expolded ! twice ! lol im hoping to get it in the shop this week and ill let everyone know what we find .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts