Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thought this was as good of place of any to post what we went through this weekend. Just 5 days ago we were being threatened by wild fires and then we got a freak snow storm that caused a ton of damage to property and the forrest as I know it. Not good Lots of my friends trailers will be write offs. Some people are still with out power since tuesday. This was to be the weekend we go out for turkey dinner. Instead we are pulling trees off of trailers and clearing roads to get to them. I'm beat have been there all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow!

That's rough! The weather can change fast up here, but that's just plain nasty!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man hate to hear about all that! Good luck with everything! I do have to say if it wasn't for all the damage and power outages etc. That would be a beautiful snowfall.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well me and the wife went back to there today. She could not believe her eyes. Looks even worse than Saturday. Snow is starting to melt show us all the trees down. I got my work cut out for me. I ordered a new Chain saw today. It should be at the border next weekend. Bought it on line canadian dealers have stupid prices for the same saw. Trailer is okay just a small dent in the trim. My buddies are not so lucky. Three of them I'm sure there trailers are write offs. No worries were all insured. Once the snow is gone I will post some more pictures off the mess. we got power back today. some areas are still without power. As far as the trails go here everyone is blocked by trees down. It will take a few years to clean them up.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
trees

thats the samething that happened to my trails at the cabin june 30 it will take us years to open them all up again,and some of those trails i have rode on since i was a kid, I FEEL FOR YOU BUDDY IT S--KS.I JUST HOPE YOU HAVE MORE HELP THAN I DO.everybody wants to ride but nobody wants to help.:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
The past 2 years in north/central Saskatchewan have had similar things happen. Last year we were at Candle lake the day after a 'plow wind' went through. After heavy rains the ground was soft, so the evergreens tipped over at the root ball, and the deciduous trees, birch, elm, whatnot, were broken off 15' up. Cabins were smashed up with trees going through their roofs, decks were ripped off, and loads of people left their ripped off canopies in campsites as they panic packed to get out of town. What a mess. And then it happened again this spring. At my Uncles farm there were trees ripped and thrown around that were over 80 years old. Nasty stuff! It took weeks of crews with chainsaws, dozers and tractors to get the grounds around the working parts of the farm cleared up.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sorry to hear of this , hope for the best as to clean-up .... remember peel the bark off, the wood will last longer for the fire wood

a few years back this area had a bad freeze and we lost the tops out of tons of trees for many many acres /miles of forests ... to this day there are tons of forked tree tops with a lot of slash/trash on the forests floor

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sorry to hear of this , hope for the best as to clean-up .... remember peel the bark off, the wood will last longer for the fire wood

a few years back this area had a bad freeze and we lost the tops out of tons of trees for many many acres /miles of forests ... to this day there are tons of forked tree tops with a lot of slash/trash on the forests floor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts