Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, need to weld the trailer hitch receivers on the prowler
i use a lincoln arc welder do you guys thing it ould be ok just to unplug the battery ?r i need to use a arc fault detector hooked up to the battery?

cause i notice that the hitch receivers are made in two pieces

thanks for the inputs

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i use a lincoln arc welder do you guys thing it ould be ok just to unplug the battery ?r i need to use a arc fault detector hooked up to the battery?

thanks for the inputs
Disconnect the Battery and you should be ok.

·
Registered
583 Posts

thanks for the inputs
Is that a 650? If so when you go to unhook the battery the cdi is right there also, wouldn't hurt just to unplug it after you do the battery then you for sure are safe.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a 650? If so when you go to unhook the battery the cdi is right there also, wouldn't hurt just to unplug it after you do the battery then you for sure are safe.
i have 2010 xtx 700 i thing the ecu is just beside the battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
welding

Hey desh, when you weld your receivers make sure you weld a plate to either side, other wise toy will be doing the job again. Make sure the steel you use is at least the same thickness or 1/8th in. be sure to get all your paint off or it will not penatrate very well.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts