Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well did a 80 mile ride Sunday rock crawling up and down grades had a good ride, Still no rear brake noise after replacing rear rotor.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Joe, that's awesome! I know this has been talked to death... But can you re-inform us one more time what you did? Was it just the rotor replacement that stopped the noise? Or was it still there until you removed the turf saver? And what rotor did you use? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, that's awesome! I know this has been talked to death... But can you re-inform us one more time what you did? Was it just the rotor replacement that stopped the noise? Or was it still there until you removed the turf saver? And what rotor did you use? Thanks again!
It was the rotor Seths and my spring fix was only a Band Aid the rotor was not flat when checked with a dial indicator so intalled new rotor and it has +been great but also the ride was much better with out the turf saver, and with the clutch work my Prowler has never been this great even when new. Im sorry if Im ranting but Im very excited about it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Crap... Thank you! I looked through that thread but completely missed your post that outlined exactly what you guys did.. Thanks again!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well did a 80 mile ride Sunday rock crawling up and down grades had a good ride, Still no rear brake noise after replacing rear rotor.
joes idea of a good ride :D pulled upper a-arm bolt thru the mount clipping pretty good and hit a wash out in the road.... bailing wire, a tie down, lots of beer and joes spare tire got us back down the back side of crown king. Lots of fun though. this was supposed to be a break in run on the new suspension, that went well but ended up being a break run...i just bring the cat along for rides for everyone elses humor... makes the razr and rhino guys feel good about themselves when i find the weak links on the prowler, plus i dont mind being the butt end of a joke:D

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
few more pictures of the carnage

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ouch!!! I guess this is where being a welder/fabricator will come into play nicely!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
joe,glad to here your brakes are still quiet.sorry about your bad luck blowinsoot00.you will get it going again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sorry if i hijacked but per the original post joes brakes are as quiet as a nuns fart. thanks again for coming with us, wouldnt have made it back without coming home on a trailer.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
joes idea of a good ride :D pulled upper a-arm bolt thru the mount clipping pretty good and hit a wash out in the road.... bailing wire, a tie down, lots of beer and joes spare tire got us back down the back side of crown king. Lots of fun though. this was supposed to be a break in run on the new suspension, that went well but ended up being a break run...i just bring the cat along for rides for everyone elses humor... makes the razr and rhino guys feel good about themselves when i find the weak links on the prowler, plus i dont mind being the butt end of a joke:D
I have seen this before. Fixed two just like that before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I wouldnt worry about what that RZR guy has to say thats for sure! There should be a law against inbreeding!

·
Registered
250 Posts
i thaught i had seen all this prowler was going to throw at me, but every single ride i take her on she surprises me...i dont mind one bit, keeps me sane working on it. and i use the term "sane" loosely

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
200 miles and rear brake is still quiet.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
rear brake

joe, from everything i have read and studied all you need is a 100 percent true rotor,glad yours is still quiet.:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you are correct

1 - 18 of 18 Posts