Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Well Guys Looks Like I need a Fuel Tank

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  blowinsoot00 
#1 ·
Well Have a crack at the base of my filler neck on my Prowler anyone local have a fuel injected Prowler fuel tank they dont need? Thanks.

#3 ·
Someone local with a Plastic welder and knows how to use it?

#4 ·
Finally someone else has the same problem i do, i guess i may only b4 partially cursed, dibs on soazcat' s tank :D

#5 ·
#8 ·
#7 ·
It's alot easier than metal.. A basic/hobbyist plastic welder is just a cross between a hot glue gun and a soldering iron. You just determine what type of plastic you have based on the symbols that are usually on it. You then look up the symbol in a book that comes with the welder. It will tell you what plastic you are working with and then what plastic rod to use. You then just let the gun heatup and move it along the crack while smoothly pushing the rod through a hole in the tip of the gun. The rod is melted and comes out the bottom like hot caulk. The iron has a hot flat on the end that you just work back and forth across the bead until smooth and then sand. They have of course the $1,000 kits that the plastic is put in a canister that heats it and air pressure feeds it out and all that good stuff but a waste in my opinion unless your doing that for a living. Like bumber repair at a body shop.. Oh yeah, alot of those places do it if you don't want to buy a welder or a tank..Wow I talk to much!

#9 ·
Lol! I here ya. Just a thought. I bought a stick welder to start getting into welding. I think I'm doing something wrong because I weld for 10min and grind for 2hr! Lol..

#12 ·
hey joe, after i get the tank from soazcat, you can have my old tank if you want to try to experiment plastic welding or something so you dont have any down time on youre ride, i should be picking it up in the next few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.