Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to say I am very pleased how easy and how nice it is to drive my prowler without the turf saver 171.00 for ring gear and seals and 97.00 each for the inner cvs. For you guys looking to get rid of your turf savers DO IT!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What exactly is the difference with the Turf Saver? Are you basically converting it back to something like what my 2006 has?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes The turf saver is supposed to be like a limited slip but its has many flaws the drive shaft turns almost a full turn before the prowler starts to move on paper it works but in real life it dosent. Slow crawling is almost impossible and rock crawling is well difficult at best at slow speeds it bucks and jerks so by eliminating it you are really locking the axles together with a spool type rear diff. Hop I explained it correctly.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Good job Joe.

Could you post up the part#'s you used to do the conversion.

You were able to keep you original axles correct?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You, The ring gear is 1402-032, oring for side cover 0423-149 seals 1402-713 The cvs areCVJ656P from the c v restoration I didnt need to re shim the gear it was fine with the old shims. Yes you can use your old axles just change the inner cvs. This is just the option I chose I know there is a member that will weld it up but I just thought this would work better for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey joe, i just finished my fox shock setup but dont know the torque spec on the rear axle nut, do you know what it is by chance?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
glad you like your new diff,i really cant relate never had turf saver diff dont sound like i would like it.i know the one on my 06 likes to tear up grass but i love it........................................

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey joe, i just finished my fox shock setup but dont know the torque spec on the rear axle nut, do you know what it is by chance?
200ftlbs is the spec

·
Registered
250 Posts
thanks joe, il post pictures of the whole fox setup tomm, turned out really nice, made hoops for the upper mounts in the rear, boxed the lower a-arms all around, and had upper mounts water jetted. if you guys need wheel bearings theyre the same as a 2008 teryx front, and theyre koyo bearings, and are 12$ instead of arctic cats 27$

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
What year prowler did you put the parts in? Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts