Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I ordered the new engine today no help from Arctic Cat!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
engine

well joe,thats good news and bad news,what did articcat have to say for not being able to help you out.did you go with the weller engine,or did you order through articcat.anyways iam glad your getting a motor.:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well joe,thats good news and bad news,what did articcat have to say for not being able to help you out.did you go with the weller engine,or did you order through articcat.anyways iam glad your getting a motor.:)
I purchase a crate motor from Arctic Cat they didnt have too much to say but its too far out of warranty oh well I guess I understand.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
engine

at least you tried,what kind of warranty on a new engine.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 months from what I understand i am going to see if I can extend it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2800.00 list I got it for 2300.shipped no tax

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
motor

joe does that come with complete clutch set up.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its supposed to be complete less throttle body and wiring but we will wait and see?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thats really not a bad price. My buddy blew the tranny on his 1000. He had to order just the bottom end and cost him all said and done 3400.00. He only had 1000 miles on his. But the nice thing about it now he has the third generation motor with all the fixes and updates. Now you should never have to worry about it going south. I know to you it seems like a lot my wife would be mad too. That's why another reason for the wild cat. My prowler was starting to have tranny issues and did not want to end up in the same boat as my buddy. Glad you can get your machine back running.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
well mine wouldnt be either,but if mine every blows and for 2300 dollars I would start out fresh for sure.Iam sure you will use your clutch set up. MLH1962 had over 400 dollars in cam,rockers,and i think timing chain. for sure if my bottom ends goes,there would be a new motor.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Joe, just curious what all was damaged in your motor that required a whole new one? Was wondering if you could have gotten away with just rebuilding yours for cheaper, or just too many things damaged?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe, just curious what all was damaged in your motor that required a whole new one? Was wondering if you could have gotten away with just rebuilding yours for cheaper, or just too many things damaged?[/QUOTDealer wanted 3800 to rebuild mine I want the update bevel gears and all the other updated parts thats why Im doing a complete.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Joe, just curious what all was damaged in your motor that required a whole new one? Was wondering if you could have gotten away with just rebuilding yours for cheaper, or just too many things damaged?[/QUOTDealer wanted 3800 to rebuild mine I want the update bevel gears and all the other updated parts thats why Im doing a complete.
$3800....:eek: What a ripoff. Wonder how they could have justified that price. If you ever run into any problems with the new motor, rebuild it yourself. They really aren't that hard to work on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thats our local stealership... are you putting the motor in or are they doing it joe..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im putting it in and please. Everyone dont bang on Arctic Cat or my local dealer Please its over Im moving on. I am not blaming anyone!

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
JOES5091: What type of engine failure did you have? I also have a 2009 XTX and I do not know the history of 700H1 engines, is there anything I should test/inspect on a routine basis. I change oil and filter every 500 miles, keep the air filter clean. I used Mobile LT4 (Syn 10/40 Wet Clutch approved), or AMES. Thanks for any info you may share!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts