Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just a question regarding the wet clutch shoes. Has anybody replaced these, and if so, where did you order the replacement shoes from?

I see that Airdam carries these, but Arctic Cat does not. I'd be satisfied to reinstall stock shoes, but the wet clutch is sold as an assembly. While many folks here are interested in modifications to increase power/speed, I'm satisfied with performance as is. So this is not a "looking for more power" issue, just a maintenance issue. Probably Airdam is a reasonable solution/price, but the cost of a new wetclutch from AC is almost the same as the replacement shoes. :eek:

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Is yours burned up? You could probably get a great deal on a new take off wet clutch from one of the Wildcat guys that went to the WCD system. Keep in mind the clutch basket was increased in size as was the wet clutch after 2010 I believe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it doesn't appear burned up, and it hasn't been giving me any grief. The AC service manual shows it having a different profile. Mine is worn flat, apparently the face of the shoe is supposed to be more like the cross section of a square tooth serpentine belt. With alternating raised and lower plates.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2006 which I bought about 2 years ago. It came up from the US, Maine I believe. Of course, when you buy used you never know what you're getting. How much service it received before I bought it - who knows.

Was fooled by the odometer as well. It shows the trip meter and I can't change it to show anything else. No regrets though, I did get it fairly cheap, and they are great machines.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I probably will leave it alone until it does give me grief. i guess its not the type of part that leaves you high and dry when you least expect it. I guess it will eventually start slipping, and that will be enough of a clue that it needs replacement.

It looks like in the end, there aren't too many options for replacement though. Hoping to get my machine back together today, been too busy to get back at it. I've got the timing chain back in place, and want it running for the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts