Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Started to put my engine back together and ran into a major snag. The wet clutch is secured to the crank with a left hand nut (AC part 0827-011). Under this nut (and next to the one way clutch bearing) there is a washer which seems to have mysteriously disappeared. I think this washer is part of the seal which prevents oil from passing through the case. The washer doesn't seem to have a part number. Is it an AC part? What is the part number and / or dimensions. I could cut one down, but would just as soon order one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just spoke to one of the local AC dealers, hoping that they can figure something out. Seems the microfiche image they have is the same one I view - doesn't show a washer. They're digging on their end to see what they can find - hard to order the part if it doesn't have a part number.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
When I get back to town this weekend I can take a look. I have a spare engine that I pulled apart and took video of the disassembly. I most likely have that washer if you need it. I will get back to you on Sunday or Monday.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Flying, appreciate it.

If I get a solution before then, I'll post an update. Hoping the local AC dealer will come through.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I'm confused. The AC service manual I have shows a washer, and makes specific reference to the washer. My AC dealer was in touch with AC, and they insist there is no washer in that position. Attached find the microfiche image for the parts in question. Is there supposed to be a washer under nut 27?

I swear there was, but I can't find it anywhere, so maybe there wasn't?!?

I think I'm losing it! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just to clarify? You are asking if there is a washer that goes "behind" the left handed wet clutch nut? Is that correct?

I just got done rebuilding my motor, and I took a lot of pictures during the process. I can look at my pictures when I get home and see if I show any washer behind that nut.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i just had my wet clutch apart to pull the one way bearing and there was no washer on my 09 xtx.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't see a washer in my pictures. Looks like the nut itself has a large flange and has no need for a washer. I have posted a picture of mine so you can at least compare the relationship between the nut and the threads that protrude past the nut (which really isn't much, pretty close to flush). If you are similar to it, I'd say you are fine and there is no washer in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.......this is very strange. The manual I have says there is a washer. My local AC dealer were kind enough to look into it, and they insist there is not a washer. I showed the AC dealer my manual, and they were lost - there simply is no washer there!!

So I spent 3 or 4 hours the other night turning the place up down for a washer that doesn't exist.

I'll post an image from the manual later - it even has a photo of the washer!!

Anyway, got the machine all back together this morning and heading out to the cabin this afternoon.....hopefully I don't return with more issues!!

Good thing that Cats have 9 lives !!!! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mysterious washer

So here is my reference to a "washer"....see attached image. Page 3-40 in my service manual. I guess when the manual is downloaded for free, there is no guarantee!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So here is my reference to a "washer"....see attached image. Page 3-40 in my service manual. I guess when the manual is downloaded for free, there is no guarantee!
Okay now, I remember seeing that in my manual as well when I was rebuilding my motor. I didn't know what they were referring too....:D I just took a lot of good notes as I was tearing it apart so it was easier to put back together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts