Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
the odds are very good ! lol mine were too i think most dealerships dont invest in all of the correct tools needed to install all of the seals . check and make sure the axles are all the way in the diff before you condemn the seals i had one once come out and i thought the seal was bad .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably your odds are very good. The right rear seal started leaking on mine yesterday with only 84 miles:mad:. Thankgod for warranty!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Differential Seals Common Problem.......

550 Prowler flatbed .....Mine were leaking within the first 500 miles...Dealer took care of this under warranty.....More items to look for before warranty expiration...Emergengy Brake has a high failure rate and gets out of adjustment quickly...Oil Seals leak sometimes in the belt housing ..look for fluid on the bottom of the inside of the belt housing...WATER CAN GET IN THE HOUSING if you blast through and hydroplane through puddles....Hope this helps....Gary

·
Registered
97 Posts
also if it had too much fluid it will leak when it heats up. only needs 9oz. if you fill it to the plug it wont allow for expansion and will push fluid past the seals, or like in my case the seals held and blew the bellow tube

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also if it had too much fluid it will leak when it heats up. only needs 9oz. if you fill it to the plug it wont allow for expansion and will push fluid past the seals, or like in my case the seals held and blew the bellow tube
I pretty much know the answer but, if its already leaking will it stop if I remove some fluid? I have .3 miles if that. Its was fixed and put away. Just moved it inside the garage and noticed the puddle on the ground..

On a side note, it wasnt a shop that did the seals, these are BRAND NEW Differentials from arctic cat (front and rear).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Both of my Prowlers leaked in less than a mile, just rode around the block and parked it and I looked to see if everything was good since my other one was a leaker and sure enough this one was leaking to.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Probably your odds are very good. The right rear seal started leaking on mine yesterday with only 84 miles:mad:. Thankgod for warranty!
http:

check this post it will give you a heads up on the procedure under warranty
//www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/2892-diff-seals-leak-warranty.html?highlight=diff+seal

·
Registered
733 Posts
Has anybody tried putting double bellows on the front and back or is the less fluid approach a good cure? I went and bought two extra bellows for mine and was wondering if its worth my time.... oh ya... I've got over 600 miles on mine and so far no leaks... (knock on wood)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts