Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the first alfalfa cutting down early this week and got to play with the prowler raking today. this thing sure is easier to run than a bulky tractor. we have a few small one acre spots that its just easier to do with a prowler.
i think my dog had more fun than i did though lol. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Unfortunately so far I haven't even started my Prowler today :( but the day's not over yet!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I just walked around my shop, looked at the motor, felt the humidity and figured screw it I'm going back into the air conditioning! LOL Getting the motor buttoned back up and ready to drop back in!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
good to see one used well !!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
All in all a good day! Managed to set the cylinder back on, torqued to 40 ft. lbs. didn't break anything! LOL I used Yamabond sealant to join the cases it is the 6D product that never hardens, Clean everything with carb cleaner, then hot soapy water then blow dry. Any machines surface is lightly oiled then wiped down. Reading the manual and they suggest a ring compressor or your fingers to feed the piston into the cylinder! Ain't never gonna happen with my old fingers! I use two studs to set the cylinder, both in the cylinder head bolt holes on the exhaust side. I made studs up out of 3/8 rod, then hand threaded them using a 10X1.25 die. The metric die on U.S. rod results in undersized threads but they are not under stress so they are fine for this purpose! This gives me a third hand!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sure is nice to be able to click through the pic's now

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
It will be running by the week end! Couple of quick trips around the neighborhood, then get it ready to move!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Motor is resting on the plank! Hook up the chain fall and bam, it is in!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
And no strange looking parts left over! WTF! Now to get rid of the mangled stuff! Thought about putting the rod in my press, but didn't!
Motor cleaned up pretty good, almost a same to cover it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Almost time you to take it for a test run around the old homestead for the last time before the big move!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not much time left at all! been a long process! We overbuilt for this area, never thinking about selling! Ah well, we hag a ball building, lot of great memories and a chance to show our talents! Mama did all of the ceramic tile work! She also did much of the siding while I was working!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Just took the Prowler for a grocery run and may have slipped an adult beverage in the cart! Spend most of day getting some landscaping stuff and then doing a little prep work on the grandsons go kart tires for this weekend's race. I wonder if this tire prep would help side by sides with rock crawling, sure helps karts grip dirt. Got a new clutch coming Friday to put on.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Brings back memories! We used to soak tires down with gas, or alcohol to soften them up! To get some wedge in the carts, we would rack the frame! Karts have come a long ways since the 60's! Me Too! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I haven't done anything but work the last 27 of 24 days at the plant. Mixed 12 hour shifts. Got off work at 1630 yesterday and I am now on V A C A T I O N! No real plans, just gonna work around the homestead, do a little camping, a few Prowler rides and lots of pool parties! Heat is gonna get real. High 90's starting tomorrow. Heat index expected to hit 110. Gonna be hot! Motor looks good, RD!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Motor in the Prowler! I'm taking my 2X12 with me! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Motor in the Prowler! I'm taking my 2X12 with me! LOL

Have repair bench will travel LOL

Glad your up and running , nothing worse the moving with a rig all apart BTDT :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
The BIL said it wasn't running very good last weekend. I couldn't get it to start when I got to the cabin, then I put GAS in it and used it to move a bunch of trailers around the property. Love the front hitch. Hopefully I get some trail time this week.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts