Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
No hinge, you just drive up with the front wheels on the edge and slide it in the receiver. It tows fine. If you notice when towing you add the bottom part of the wheel which locks it down. It is kind of cool when loading, you just take your hands off the steering wheel and drive it to the end of the tongue. It works great. I made it to carry in my trailer so I can tow the AC trails to far to drive. DON~~~
Here is a picture of the wheel. The small bolt on the top is to take the play out. DON~~~

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
Don, that is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don, that is amazing! Thanks for sharing.
X 2!!!!!! Thanks soooooo much for sharing. As I've been studying the photos you posted I am impressed with the thought that has gone into this dolly. I don't know if you have any drawings with dimensions that you could take a pic of......if not, what you've already shared is an example of thinking outside the box and craftsmanship in itself!!!! Thanks!!

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Registered
288 Posts
X 2!!!!!! Thanks soooooo much for sharing. As I've been studying the photos you posted I am impressed with the thought that has gone into this dolly. I don't know if you have any drawings with dimensions that you could take a pic of......if not, what you've already shared is an example of thinking outside the box and craftsmanship in itself!!!! Thanks!!
No drawings, I just figured it out. Most of the stuff was stuff I had in my shop that was left overs from other jobs. DON~~~

·
Registered
238 Posts
I knew that I wouldn't have had any drawings and love the fact that so many do just figure it out as they go!!! You done a nice job on it Don!!

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
Went for a ride around town today! I forgot how good the Prowler feels! Lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face! Mama even smiled! Don't think a new machine is in the cards! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Went for a ride around town today! I forgot how good the Prowler feels! Lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face! Mama even smiled! Don't think a new machine is in the cards! LOL
and down there you machine will last forever in the desert .. no rott lol

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
No rot for sure! Inside of the frame rails that are exposed to snow/ice/water sure show signs of rust! I treated mine yearly after every winter.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
well my plans for my cat are put on the back burner. i was planning on doing a change to my heater to try kick a little more heat out. well my kid blew his base gasket on his sled and now he has priority of the shop space lol. i can keep riding but he cant so i would have to agree with him. i wish the prowlers motor was as easy to work on as the sleds are. nothing is in the way.

but back onto my plans. i am going to route all the antifreeze through the heater core without a pump. i have been looking at the height of everything and i believe it will not have any issues pumping it through. it is about the same height as the radiator. i will also have a bypass valve put in so in summer it will not go through the heater core. i will have to update my heater thread with results... good or bad.

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
Be interested in your results! They do make 12V solenoid valves, but not sure if a ball valve would be the better choice for the by-pass. I'd go manual on the valve!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Are you running a factory AC heater? I have to bleed the air from the cap of my heater's "tee" almost every time I use the heater, before I drive it. Think it bleeds down from the heater hoses going in and out of the heater, back into radiator and out into the overflow jug. Was thinking about a check valve in the hose's to keep it in the heater core. A stronger pump on the stock heaters may be better, too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Are you running a factory AC heater?
no i am not. i picked up the 28000 btu heater from summit. i have it mounted under my dash so it is lower than where the arctic cat heaters mount in the front trunk. it kicks out good heat but at 0 degrees i think it could do better. or so my engineering brain thinks lol. here is a link to my heater build to show you where it is and what is used to this point.

stuffing 28k btu heater under dash

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
Thinking about building a flat bed for my Prowler, aluminum tubing frame, and diamond plate floor. My existing bed is starting to crack in several areas. Time to investigate fab shops in Kingman!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sadly my Prowler has been stuck in the back of the garage for 2 months now. :(

I'm getting the itch and will get it out when the weather gets a little warmer.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Thinking about building a flat bed for my Prowler, aluminum tubing frame, and diamond plate floor. My existing bed is starting to crack in several areas. Time to investigate fab shops in Kingman!
Mines cracked in a few spots, too. Not too worried about it. As long as the cooler stays put, and the trail ale stays cold!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mines cracked in a few spots, too. Not too worried about it. As long as the cooler stays put, and the trail ale stays cold!
I mixed JB weld and put in the cracks, I left it high (like a bead) and it seeped down in the cracks. When it dries it is almost the right color. Don't use JB quick as it is not as strong. DON~~~

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I mixed JB weld and put in the cracks, I left it high (like a bead) and it seeped down in the cracks. When it dries it is almost the right color. Don't use JB quick as it is not as strong. DON~~~
Oh hell ya! That's a great fix, I'll do it this spring! Thanks Don

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyone tried plastic welding? Seems like it would be a handy tool/skill to have. Welding kits can be had for fairly cheap, a couple of repairs and its paid for itself.

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
I have some pieces of black plastic off my Prowler that used to repair damaged parts. I used a 3" Cast Iron skillet on my BBQ grill to melt the plastic, then I poured it over the damaged part/area and worked it in with a soldering iron flat spoon. Lot of effort compared to Don's idea of JB Weld!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have some pieces of black plastic off my Prowler that used to repair damaged parts. I used a 3" Cast Iron skillet on my BBQ grill to melt the plastic, then I poured it over the damaged part/area and worked it in with a soldering iron flat spoon. Lot of effort compared to Don's idea of JB Weld!
Where the plastic failed on corners I made some aluminum pieces to support the corners, worked great. DON~~~

41 - 60 of 84 Posts