Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
Great project idea! You can always improve any factory wiring!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Well, its not my Prowler, but it does pertain to SXS's. I took the idea from my Prowler anyway. I mounted a 200 CFM 4000 rpm Mining ventilation fan (like a computer fan, only stouter) in my oil filter access panel and added a 2 prong plug in. Hard wired it to a fan switch in the dash. Took it out for a bout 5 minutes at 50 mph and shot the air coming out with my temp gun. 121 degree's. It puts it out at a lot of force too. The fan is noisy, but the motor drowns out most of it when its running. I also added a factory Polaris MTX front head unit and add on rear to it. It really cranks the tunes, now. Gonna mount the old sound bar (Swamp Monkeye) to the Prowler, gotta cut the x member out of the top of the roll bar and weld in new straight steel to make it work. I'll fire up the mig one of these days. But the RZR is almost set to go! All that's left is put my side mirrors on and add the turn signals sometime.

Attachments

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
RZR lookin good!

Reactions: Bryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just put on a set of Camso 4S1 tracks on yesterday, went through the checks and test run and more checks and all works good. Put together a trail groomer for the old rail line nearby for cross country skiing and neighbors looking for a place to walk themselves and dogs. Saw a bunch of good ideas and decided to make it all season by adding steel flat iron for this spring and fall to grade the driveway after I use the quad blade to loosen things up.

Will be adding an attachment for setting tracks for skiing to the back of the groomer. Carving out a couple of pieces of 2"X4" to attach to separate mini platform.

we have about 20 km or 12.42miles of trail on the flat that the locals use as foot travel along with sleds, quads to get access to the high country.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts