Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Kinda dropped off.

His customer service has been pretty ? lately.

Also I purchased a clutch that should have been lightened stages 1-4 and I had a chance to weigh my stock primary vs the airdam and I don't belive it was lightened.

I belive the only weight removed was from the machining of the face's from the stage 1.

The inner fan side was only 23grams lighter and the outer was 30grams lighter for 50grams total.

53grams total thats 2rollers not enough to make a difference I don't belive.

I totally trust the seller of the second hand clutch and belive he may have gotten the shaft from airdam.

Just my .02

There is another forum where everyone really likes Pappa Slap Clutching.

I might just send out my stock clutch from the new xtz there.

Anyone know how much weight comes off the primary on a stage 1 and a stage 4 from airdam?

I thought about asking airdam/// but that is probbibly a mute point.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
RangeRover
What did you go with from Papa Slap.
He recromended the Phase3 for what I said my uses are.
Quote from his e-mail to me:

"In regards to your question i have done a couple of the xtz with great success. if you are wanting my recommendation on this machine i would go with my phase 3 set up which is cut primary, OD mod, tuned rollers (not lightened) and tuned secondary with anti-friction dry film lubricant for increased shifting and load properties. This option runs 330 and depending on what cut he has done i can cut over it. You have to send me everything and i mod and return. I have to unfortunately charge for shipping as it is out of the lower 48 (my apologies), which i believe is 50 dollars. if you are interested i take paypal and/or money order in the package. Again, thanks for the inquiry if you have any further questions or concerns call or text337-909-9671. also, i do have a longer lead time than /// it takes roughly 3-5 days after physical receipt of order."

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
RangeRover
What did you go with from Papa Slap.
He recromended the Phase3 for what I said my uses are.
Quote from his e-mail to me:

"In regards to your question i have done a couple of the xtz with great success. if you are wanting my recommendation on this machine i would go with my phase 3 set up which is cut primary, OD mod, tuned rollers (not lightened) and tuned secondary with anti-friction dry film lubricant for increased shifting and load properties. This option runs 330 and depending on what cut he has done i can cut over it. You have to send me everything and i mod and return. I have to unfortunately charge for shipping as it is out of the lower 48 (my apologies), which i believe is 50 dollars. if you are interested i take paypal and/or money order in the package. Again, thanks for the inquiry if you have any further questions or concerns call or text337-909-9671. also, i do have a longer lead time than /// it takes roughly 3-5 days after physical receipt of order."
He said the same thing for my 700.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As Riddler said, Pappa Slap(as he is known on Highlifter) does great clutch work. Got mine back from him a week ago. She runs like she has stock tires on again(I have 28 outlaw radial on mine).
what exactly did he do to your clutches and what rpm are you running at wide open in high range?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts