Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What happens when the wife takes the prowler out

So the wife took the Prowler up to the cabin last weekend while I was at work.. of course, she doesn't remember hitting anything (pretty good chance alcohol was involved) LOL.

I am hoping I can do a little heating and a beating and get the frame straightened out and fix the a arm mount tabs. The new A arms are on the way as well as all new bushings and bolts...

Yesterday I made a trade too. My old single axle meat wagon for this Bosski electric dump bed wagon. I'm looking forwards to getting it up the cabin and hauling some gravel and wood next weekend (provided I get the prowler fixed).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
wow she hit something good, she couldn't not know that hit something

is that a walking beam axle on the trailer ?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I am surprised her fore arms are not bruised up, I know she had to have the wheel ripped out of her hands and she probly ate the dash.. I will look for teeth marks in the steering wheel when I get home Tuesday lol.

No this one is not a walking beam trailer, just dual torsion axles with electric brakes on the front axle. I am going to make another walking beam trailer for my hunting / trail wagon. This one is for hauling gravel and dirt and wood etc. just around the cabin and the house. At 536 pounds its a little heavy to be loading up and taking through the swamps and mud holes.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Wow, I bet the insurance company would total my old 650 with frame damage like that.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know what size square tubing the frame is made out of?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Ouch! Damage does not look all that bad, pinched frame horn, A-Arm mount tweaked! She is lucky she didn't get her thumb caught! Look on the bright side, now you have a gimmie! You can go do something totally outrageous, and she has to grin and bear it!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch! Damage does not look all that bad, pinched frame horn, A-Arm mount tweaked! She is lucky she didn't get her thumb caught! Look on the bright side, now you have a gimmie! You can go do something totally outrageous, and she has to grin and bear it!
I am still way ahead of her on terms of pure destruction. A plane wreck, totaled snowmachines etc.

I think it will be a pretty easy fix, little heat n beatn, little welding and she will be good as or better than new. I damn sure aint gonna tell her that its a pretty easy fix. Gonna have to spend a little extra time the garage to make it seem like its a long drawn out repair so I don't have to do the bathroom remodel she was wanting me to do this hitch home >:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
So the wife took the Prowler up to the cabin last weekend while I was at work.. of course, she doesn't remember hitting anything (pretty good chance alcohol was involved) LOL.

I am hoping I can do a little heating and a beating and get the frame straightened out and fix the a arm mount tabs. The new A arms are on the way as well as all new bushings and bolts...

Yesterday I made a trade too. My old single axle meat wagon for this Bosski electric dump bed wagon. I'm looking forwards to getting it up the cabin and hauling some gravel and wood next weekend (provided I get the prowler fixed).
Must have hit a stump...........It can be fixed.....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts