Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying new tires this spring and woould love to get a set of tracks for the winter, but i cant afford them. I am looking for a tire that works great all the way around. from trail riding, muddin, and snow what would be some good recomendations

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No body else has an opinion on this

·
Registered
385 Posts
We have og bighorns on the rhino and they do real good in anything from rock crawing in Moab to snow covered logging trails in Ohio. A friend has bighorn-2s on his commander and they do good also.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pit Bull Growlers, I have had several different tires including Bighorns and these Growlers are by far my favorite. ride great , quiet on the highway, 8 ply and bite like a ......well a Pit Bull!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Pit Bull Growlers, I have had several different tires including Bighorns and these Growlers are by far my favorite. ride great , quiet on the highway, 8 ply and bite like a ......well a Pit Bull!
Too Heavy, for those of us that dont want to break anything.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you mean to heavy................... should it stay stok or go larger

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
what do you mean to heavy................... should it stay stok or go larger
There are many opinions on this if you want your machine and Differentials/Axles to last longer and not loose any power. Go with the stock size and as close to stock weight as possible I have Maxxis Big Horn 2.0s and they perform very well in everything I have put them thru. But there are a lot of Ideas out there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I agree with joes5091 stay as close to stock size as poss. and as light as poss. A heavy tire with a good bite will break stuff if your not careful.

·
Registered
155 Posts
have to agree, stay as close to stock as possible. for snow, to much of an aggressive tread is not as good from my experience in snow. just my .02 cents

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have 27 swamplite on my xtx and they then to bounce in the snow when it grips, my brother put 28 zillas on his xtz and they seem to work better then the swamplites

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would really look into the gbc grim reaper. I have these on my xtz and they are the bomb in snow and mud and trail riding you wont go wrong with them. my machine came with hole shot tires terrible.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can i go with a wider front tire the same with as the rear or will this cuase problem.
I have 26x11x14 on the rear now and would like to just buy the same width for the front when i get new tires

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't think it will cause a prob, just might be a little harder to turn.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Put your rear tires on the frount and try it.

I don't think you can do to the deeper offset of the stock rear rims. They will hit the a-arms.

I also run the Grim Reapers and can't imagine a better all around tire and I have tried several through the years.

-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts