Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my prowler next weekend and I want to get a trailer but I don't want something too big. I have a 4x8 trailer now but i know i need something bigger. Was looking at a 5x8 or 5x10?

If 5ft wide enough if its a flat-bed trailer? And I know the length is almost 10 ft to the end of the bed of prowler but to the wheels in back it has to be like 8 ft something right? Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would go with the 10'. I had my XTZ in the bed of a 8' truck with tailgate down. It berly fit.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya I think until you put wheel spacers or wider tires or longtravel kit. I would go with a 6' wide the price is about the same.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have a 7 x 12 and it seems to be about the perfect size to fit the Cat and some extras. If you can get one that will allow you to run an extra 4" to accomodate wheel spacers that would be great. The best thing to do to avoid buying a larger one later would be to get one that is 6' inside by 10' long and that will take care of long travel if you decide to add that. I know one of our members Split had a narrow trailer and had to get rid of it because he added wheel spacers. Send him a pm for advice if you would like.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Good choice. Be sure to measure the inside width between the side rails when you are choosing your trailer.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I am picking up my prowler next weekend and I want to get a trailer but I don't want something too big. I have a 4x8 trailer now but i know i need something bigger. Was looking at a 5x8 or 5x10?

If 5ft wide enough if its a flat-bed trailer? And I know the length is almost 10 ft to the end of the bed of prowler but to the wheels in back it has to be like 8 ft something right? Thanks
I have a 5 ft 6 inch wide and 10 feet long and its perfect

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 5'x14' low boy style trailer I originally bought to haul 2 4wheelers. The spec sheet on the XTZ said 61.5" wide so I thought I would have to buy a new trailer. Turns out the 61.5" is higher up on the machine and the wheels will fit perfectly in a 5' wide trailer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a XTZ with 1.5'' spacers and it fits perfect on a 6'4"x10 trailer. If I had it to do over I would buy the 12 ' length so I could install a tool box up front.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
ya never have enough length trailer ... buy the largest [within reason] you can afford ... far too many things a trailer gets used for .

and long rides need extra gear room , maybe even quad/side x side trailers on there also.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
if you intend to put a trailerable tarp or wider tires,dont go with 5 feet in width,
i had 10" wide tires in the front and they would rub on the sides so i could not put my tarp properly, in width dont go less then 60"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got me a trailer for my Artic Cat

I read on here where one could get a 5 foot by 10 foot trailer and it will work for hauling our cats,,but all the ones in my neck of the woods are exactly 5 foot wide and that makes for very little room on ither side of the wheels..

So I found a 6x12 with one axle and therefore it needs no License or Title to deal with . In my case it will do just fine as its rated 3500 LBS and I can haul other things like 16 foot lumber which is a good lenghth commomly used to build with.. I thought I would like the 10 footer so it would be easier to back up in tight places ,but all and all this one suits me the best.. Just sharing not saying anything agaisnt the 5x10 trailers..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts