Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

How wide do you want your Long Travel Suspension?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How wide do you want the builders to go on the Long Travel Suspension?

I am always over the top some. so I voted +6

Lets hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vote vote vote!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Great poll. Looking forward to the results.

I feel that the AC XTZ1000 is fairly wide stock so I'm going to say +4 for most of us desert riders. I think the builders can get 15" travel with that set up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd like too see a mid travel so you could use stock length shocks, like the lonestar mid travel.Starting with 10" travel we could possibly get 14". Also this way you could upgrade shocks first, and then add the mid travel kit.

papa v
'

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would go 6+ if you do most of your riding in the desert or dunes, if you stick to small trails you should do a 4".

·
Registered
861 Posts
i'm torn...i like the 6 but like flying121 said, thats pretty friggin wide for these things..4 is probably right in there for all types of riding..lord knows we need some more stability in these...but Papav has a great point to...especially now that i have King shocks...lol..i did offer my ride to LSR for a kit...they say they are evaluating the need to add AC stuff.lol, hope they do.:(

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The XTZ is really only a couple inches wider than the Teryx. So +6 is not that crazy.

But good shocks can make a +4 just as good through the bumps and more versatile as far different trails.

If stability is a big concern like it is to me then +6 in the sand or Desert.
I have already put mine on its side lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
i dont know if i am supposed to say anything but flying121 is testing a +4 kit today..bassstaadd!! wish i was there!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a plus 4 kit on my last prowler. That kit made it 73" wide with my wheel offset. I don't think another 4" is really necessary. It was plenty stable. I really miss the suspension................

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Did he get it back from colorado already?

Papa

I went out to CA to check out Tower Works Fabrication. They do long travel and all sorts of cool billet fabrication. After Moab it goes to them in CA for the long travel, cage, and bumpers etc... There will be a day when I get to ride the XTZ I hope. Here is a picture of what the Teryx Long travel looks like from TWF in CA. Great family run business.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Mustanggeek

I am not sure about the price. Call Brian or Phil at Tower Works Fabrication 818-341-2580 and they can help you out.

Todd

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Mustanggeek

I am not sure about the price. Call Brian or Phil at Tower Works Fabrication 818-341-2580 and they can help you out.

Todd
Just by looking at them I can tell you they are more than I can afford right now and for a while....I was just curious what the price on such a nice product was. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is an awesome kit. Mounting the shock to the lower control arm takes the pressure off of the spindle. I bet this could really take a beating
with out bending or breaking anything. I am also curious about the price even tho I don't have an xtz yet.

It's cool to see all the great aftermarket products coming around for the xtz. These things are going to be mini sandcars.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
They look insane!! 40lbs liter or what, give us your best guess?
The botton A-arm looks real nice with the built in skid plate.

Your Prowler is going to be so nice! this is the time of year to bust it out to. Get everything dialed by next season.

But there is a summer full moon ride coming up at Glamis, I will start another thread about that.

Well done Todd!! we need some more smileys for a long travel like that. lol

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
btw i am getting my Azz kicked here, the +4 looks like a winner.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
They look insane!! 40lbs liter or what, give us your best guess?
The botton A-arm looks real nice with the built in skid plate.

Your Prowler is going to be so nice! this is the time of year to bust it out to. Get everything dialed by next season.

But there is a summer full moon ride coming up at Glamis, I will start another thread about that.

Well done Todd!! we need some more smileys for a long travel like that. lol

Glamis

They are light and very strong. I will see if they can get a weight after the kit is done.

·
Registered
861 Posts
sorry glamprowler, you're probably the only pure duner here..lol:eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts