Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some searching on the web as what type of stereo to install and where to put it :cool:. Are the over head mounts strong and hold up? Is the under dash type prone to vibrations? How many speakers would be needed? Are the roof mounted ones worth it? Any help? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have an ipod or any mp3 player you can buy the adapter that plugs into an amp at checkers or just about anywhere. Then you just need a small amp and maybe some 6x9 boxes and speakers and you should be rockin in no time. This also helps from eating up any dash space from installing a radio. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have installed a small amp and two speakers. I run an ipod through the amp, no head unit. I installed a marine stereo cover over the pocket in the dash to keep the ipod out of the elements and it works great. I used the molded speaker pods from SSV works made for the Prowler but there are many other ways. Simple and works great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I will take some pics of my setup tonight. I fabbed up an aluminum plate and mounted a full size pioneer car stereo in it with a marine cover right in the dash.. Works well and stays dry.. I also have a XM module mounted under the glove box and the antenna mounted under the hood scoop for a stealth install.. for the speaker I welded a 16ga metal panel to my aftermarket cage and made sure it was air tight and cut 4 6" holes in it for the speakers.. sounds good at all speeds beacause the speakers are in your face not under the dash..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts