1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Shocks and no turf saver.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Only had my 07 for about 6 months but I think a better charging system so I don't have to worry about what electrical options I install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wish my 09 xtz didnt feel like a ticking time bomb when I'm driving it.

Ain't that the truth !

It would be nice for AC Customer Care to actually give a crap about current owners, then worry all the time about future owners.
AC if you are watching,
by now people who have the "toys" (selds/atv/utv) will always upgrade and WILL buy more in the future. Question is, will they buy your product again. That what you are worried about.
I can honestly say, if or when this prowler dies, Im buying a commander - 3 yr warranty is very very appealing

Sorry for my rant, I just "hate" how big manufactures play god with our pocket books.
Like my new issue that is not new at all.. .its so old that they have what ??? 3 "fix's" for it now and counting?
Not one notice or recall made.

Anyways...

Changes.

1. Factory high seats instead of those tractor buckets they call seats
  2. Stronger tie-rods
  3. better charging system
  4. for the 16000$ price tag maybe some cool toys - Deluxe gauge(s) better seat belts, etc

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
More charging

A better brace for the front end where winch mounts.
Just caught mine about to pull apart from the frame.

·
Registered
733 Posts
First off... Better differential and axles -- not cool to spend the first summer of ownership trying to engineer a way to keep the diffs and seals from blowing apart (I did, thanks to the help I got here).

I know AC isn't the only company to have problems with certain parts.. all the manufacturers try to cut the cost of manufacturing and sometimes it bites them in the behind.

I won't rant on forever but my biggest issue personally was getting ZERO customer support from either the dealer or the company when i had these issues. It brought me to the point of actually being insulted. This forum and the quality of people and help I've recieved have really made it for me.. this place was my customer support! I would never even think about calling AC again for help or advice I come here, no question. I love my prowler and have a lot of fun on it but for the sole reason of horrible customer relations I will be shopping the other brands when the time comes to trade in. Not saying I will switch brands for sure but I'll be shopping around.. sorry for the long story guys,

Mitch

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
stand behind there product and admit they made big mistakes in the motor and not let the little guy like me swallow it when it breaks down just out of warranty. 17000.00 is a big chunch of change to have to replace motors in two years. I paided that for my car and it last longer with out problems.

·
Registered
733 Posts
stand behind there product and admit they made big mistakes in the motor and not let the little guy like me swallow it when it breaks down just out of warranty. 17000.00 is a big chunch of change to have to replace motors in two years. I paided that for my car and it last longer with out problems.
Totally understand how upset you would be over that.. tell me, when you called the company did the guy you talked to try to blame you for the failure and laugh at you on the phone? Did he recommend you buy another brand product and basically not stand behind the company he works for lol:eek: that's what I got for answers when I called... lol it was a joke

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Totally understand how upset you would be over that.. tell me, when you called the company did the guy you talked to try to blame you for the failure and laugh at you on the phone? Did he recommend you buy another brand product and basically not stand behind the company he works for lol:eek: that's what I got for answers when I called... lol it was a joke
Now that this is turning into Arctic Cat Complaining,I have to say when I had a Problem I called arctic Cat and was very happy with the parson on the phone and she was very helpful. Im not condeming anyone Im just speaking about what happened to me, everyones dealing with a company may be different.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Haha, sorry guys about the bitching! I know we've all had our different dealings with AC and I didn't mean to turn a constructive coversation in to a ***** session, just venting a bit.. My experience was bad but excellent with this team!! :) we're still coming up with some good points tho and I mean no offence to those who have had positive interactions..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Oh and a longer warranty would be a major factor if i decide to go back to AC.[/QUOTE]

X2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts