Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I would like to see something similar to the Wildcat but with a better motor and trans as well as some drive line parts that can handle 300 horse power.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I wished Arctic Cat would quit restricting the hp output on their machines. They are running behind the industry leaders on power output.

They need longer travel suspension from the factory, which would also lend itself to being a smoother and more compliant ride feeling.

I agree, they need a 4 seat Prowler, heck, even John Deere is coming out in a couple of months with a second 4 seat model, while AC still has none. The Wildcat 4 seater will be wayyyyy long and not suited for mountain trails as well as a Prowler 4 seat would be. (Think Teryx 4)...

Build the machines with stouter drivetrains.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
An Arctic Cat that can leap tall buildings is a single bound and more powerful than a locomotive!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
An Arctic Cat that can leap tall buildings is a single bound and more powerful than a locomotive!
I already built that one Joe....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
really,not to many thoughts,pretty happy with mine 4000 dollars later,i would have to say horsepower,and 4-seater,to stay in the market,and they need to do it quick.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Darryl, had hoped the factory would take a close look at what you have accomplished and copy some of it. They will need to get on the stick as this is a fast growing market with a lot of innovation coming online. Whatever they do quality control will need to be foremost in their plan. From what I read on the WC they are for the most part pretty well built. Although the drive line does need a total revamp as owners shouldn't have to do all the mods first thing to get power to the ground.
Also I had been curious, being a JD and AC dealer is that causing any issues for you? I know some mfg's do not like competing brands on the floor with theirs.
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm just gonna second what everyone else has said. Put some decent shocks on the machines that don't cost $16k, stonger drivetrain, more power to ground, 4 seater,etc. And I have to say I love the look of the Prowler. If they do ever change it I hope it's not by much. I think is stands out in a crowd pretty well.

Oh yeah.. and maybe offer an upgrade kit that you can buy which you install to convert a factory prowler to a copy of Darryl89's former prowler! lol

·
Registered
733 Posts
One major resounding change and this has to do with the prowlers as well as Cat's snowmobiles.. BETTER QUALITY CONTROL. enough said on that one. There seems to be a little bit of a disconnect between the design team and the final assembly guys. I think the way they are designed to be and the way we get them on the consumer end is a little different. Now I'm not saying any major issues just a few little things that lead to major frustrations.. I still LOVE my ride just sometimes get frustrated by some of the little "quirks" that cut some of my weekends short thats all. Oh yeah, and maybe some changes in the body work :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Darryl, had hoped the factory would take a close look at what you have accomplished and copy some of it. They will need to get on the stick as this is a fast growing market with a lot of innovation coming online. Whatever they do quality control will need to be foremost in their plan. From what I read on the WC they are for the most part pretty well built. Although the drive line does need a total revamp as owners shouldn't have to do all the mods first thing to get power to the ground.
Also I had been curious, being a JD and AC dealer is that causing any issues for you? I know some mfg's do not like competing brands on the floor with theirs.
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

I tried every chance I could get to get AC to go a little more closer to my machine... but my engineer friend at AC left AC. Things seem be slowly heading towards a more competitive stance in the market for AC, but they have a ways to go.
I agree on the drive system for the Wildcat, AC needs to delete the wet clutch and beef the clutching, also increase the airflow to the belt to keep from melting it down..
As for the JD and AC mix, Arctic Cat hasn't said anything about the JD line. I had JD for 23 years before we became an AC dealer. Some of my potential HDX700 sales go to JD, but by the same token, a few of my die-hard JD customers now drive Arctic Cats. I think AC would be more concerned if I became a Polaris dealer. Nowadays though, most dealers have to be multi-line dealers to survive, I know AC wouldn't support a business by itself in this area..

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wished Arctic Cat would quit restricting the hp output on their machines. They are running behind the industry leaders on power output.

They need longer travel suspension from the factory, which would also lend itself to being a smoother and more compliant ride feeling.

I agree, they need a 4 seat Prowler, heck, even John Deere is coming out in a couple of months with a second 4 seat model, while AC still has none. The Wildcat 4 seater will be wayyyyy long and not suited for mountain trails as well as a Prowler 4 seat would be. (Think Teryx 4)...

Build the machines with stouter drivetrains.
I totally agree with you Darryl. A 4 seat Wildcat would be nice but would be a very long UTV. A 4 seat Prowler would be a nice addition. I talked to my local Polaris dealer and he told me a large percentage of UTV buyers are looking for 4 seat machines. I sold my 2 seat converted 4 seat prowler to buy a factory 4 seat machine. My children are getting bigger and it would be nice to talk family or friends out to see some country. I really like what Kawaski did with a totally new build of the T4. They really made some nice changes to the suspension (which looks really strong). The only thing I would of liked to see is a larger motor, but I have hear the newT4 motor performs very good. I wish Arctic Cat offered a machine like it but better. I hope to stay with the Prowler line but they currently don't offer a 4 seat.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hdx 1000

If Cat put the 1000 in the HDX, I would be all over that. A good friend of mine has the new Ranger XP 900 with Power Steering. We spent the Elk hunt cruising around and I was very impressed. The 900 motor is very smooth and they located it under the bed and not the seat so it is very quiet. He has the new hard cab and heater installed and the Fit and Finish is perfect so there was no dust inside the cab. I am very loyal to Cat and I have owned 4 Cat snowmobiles and I am on my 5th Cat ATV but when the competition is putting out a better ride for my needs, I may just have to try the Ranger. The HDX 700 and the Ranger 900 have the same MSRP of $13,999 and I know the Ranger 900 will smoke the HDX 700 in Power.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I thought the ranger was a 850,iam not sure,I know what you mean,i love my prowler but sometimes i wish i would have waited 3 or 4 more years to buy a utv.................oh well. this is my first articcat.:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have to say... I've had 2 AC ATV's and my current Prowler. I love my Prowler BUT I've had alot more trouble out of it than the ATV's... Not sure why. Basically same mechanical components, only some size difference. However, my next purchase will still be an Arctic Cat. They all have their own issues. And I know were not doing this in this thread BUT I love it when a ride with some people and if I have an issue theyre like "see that's why I don't want an Arctic Cat, look at the problems you're having that I'm not". And my response is " wow.. yeah it's amazing that your 2012 XP 900 is better than my 2008 650"! Not sure if that makes sense, but if comparisons are being done it needs to be Apples to Apples..

P>S> This is not directed at you Catskinner! I know what you mean. I'm just venting about some of the stuff people I know say!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know what your saying Daryle and I agree. I have had very good luck with my Arctic Cats and that's why I have been loyal to Cat and want to stay with them in the future, plus Cutlers has treated me, my family and friend's like royalty. Back to the title of this thread, What I would want from Arctic Cat in 2013. Cat, I hope your listening to everyone. We want the power that the competition is putting out in the same size motors, powertrain that can handle the power to the ground and an improvement on Fit and Finish. Not asking too much. :confused:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I completely agree!!! From what I've gathered (and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it seems AC may be getting rid of the wet clutch. At least in the Wild-Cat which I'm guessing is where 75% of their R&D is going since that is their front-runner. And if they would throw that across the board on their UTV's and larger ATV's that would be kicking A** and taking names.. But I'm no engineer.. Maybe there's other legit reasons they don't do that to all their machines. IDK...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I know on the new 4-seater wildcat there deleteing the wet clutch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts