Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 660 AC from the previous owner he told me something on how to get the battery out an easier way than what the book says ..

I was so tickled about finding this great looking used Cat that plumb forgot what he told me ..

I looked at it and see that the fender plastic protector has a fastenter on top and one on the inside fastened to a support.. and are them pins that the plastic protector sits on ,,or are they are screws that has to come out to get the protector out to get to the battery.. not sure which..

Another thing is what about the bolts to the voltage regualtor I read about that were installed wrong on some models and would wear a hole in the battery ? Do I have the model and year that this is a problem ? mine is a 07..

One more thing ::: should I be buying a better battery than what comes with these AC's and if so I could use some hints to what I need that will stay charged up better than the one I have .. GP

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Once you get the battery out the first time its no big deal. You need to remove the inner fender liner and undo the access door. The battery slides out toward the back. (after disconnected) Remember that there is a clear overflow tube attached to the factory battery that goes out to the bottom of the drivers side.

I use a battery tender jr. on mine to keep the battery charged. Seems to be working ok.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is wrong in hooking up the trickle charger to the battery in place with all the wires attached from the Artic Cat and going ahead and plug in the trickle charger ?.

I know the book says NO,,but we all know that some times the book is being over causious because of more safety to the person .

It is a son of a gun to take the wires loose and rehook them back every time you want to use it ,,so I ask why not as I do it all the time on my trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts