Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 2010 prowler 700xtx and I've heard a few diffent things and just wanted to see what you guys think. one way I've heard to check the oil is to unscrew the dip stick, wipe it then just set it in the hole without screwing it in. When I checked my service manual it says to screw it all the way in to check it. It then says in a bolded side note that it has to be screwed in? I'm confused.. need your help guys :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Here's what the manual I have for my '07 650 says about checking oil.

9. Unscrew the oil level stick and wipe it with a
clean cloth.
10. Install the oil level stick until the threads touch
engine case.
􀂄 NOTE: The oil level stick should not be threaded
into the case for checking the oil level.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
check oil

on my 06, manual says not to thread dip stick in,must be different on your 2010.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's funny.. I was standing at my dealer talking to him about a couple topics on here and when my phone refreshed this popped up. Anyway, I asked him while I was there and he said in 2009 they went to a different style of dip stick and that you ARE supposed to thread it all the way in. On the old ones you would get a bad reading if you did.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's funny.. I was standing at my dealer talking to him about a couple topics on here and when my phone refreshed this popped up. Anyway, I asked him while I was there and he said in 2009 they went to a different style of dip stick and that you ARE supposed to thread it all the way in. On the old ones you would get a bad reading if you did.
right on! thanks for asking for me!! much appreciated
Mitch

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good topic guys
I'm glad I asked, i'm doing an oil change tonight and this is awesome info.. good to know that there is a difference between the way its done on a 650 and a 700... could make a world of difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts