Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to keep the rear axle in a XTZ without buying new ones? Just pulled it down, replaced a seal (that in hindsight was probably ok), took about a 20 minute ride stopping 3 or 4 times to check the seal. Never really pounded on it, just cruising around. Pulled it back in the barn and it was pouring oil. The axle was pulled out. Didn't notice it but I suppose that's why it was pouring before. Never looked at it close enough to tell. Is it internal pressure pushing it out or what? If so I guess I will fab up a catch can.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Any way to keep the rear axle in a XTZ without buying new ones? Just pulled it down, replaced a seal (that in hindsight was probably ok), took about a 20 minute ride stopping 3 or 4 times to check the seal. Never really pounded on it, just cruising around. Pulled it back in the barn and it was pouring oil. The axle was pulled out. Didn't notice it but I suppose that's why it was pouring before. Never looked at it close enough to tell. Is it internal pressure pushing it out or what? If so I guess I will fab up a catch can.
Thanks for the help!
Is the accordian diff breather thing expanded and filled with hot oil? My 650 would push its diff fluid up the tube and it would leak around the accordian thing until I put a T in the line and added a second accordian thing.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Do a search on the axle problem. Call Chris at EAAC @928-651-0354 and he can get a set for you and his prices are very fair. You might be able to get it done under warranty as well. I have been down this road and I am glad the problem is solved with my new axles.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts