1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
254 Posts
i saw that last summer as well. i wasnt sure about it and figured i would check it out later.
of course i forgot about it though. it looks like it would work.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Now I have to go and look at a bearing! BTW new bearings are 14.95 each! Tool is 19.95 Just Saying! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I saw that, too! But I don't see how it will pack the bearing. There is no hole in the bearing face to allow grease into. I think it will just grease the bearing to CV joint side, right? I wanna buy one now, just to see if it works. But..... Since Mike mentioned it first.... Tag, you're it! :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like there's a hole between the two o-rings on the tool that would grease the bearings through the split on the inside of the race.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But..... Since Mike mentioned it first.... Tag, you're it! :)
I wonder if the wife would notice one more package? I have parts ordered from, Amazon, eBay, and Arctic Cat that should be here this week!

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Yup, found the same thing! Double row bearing for stability

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
254 Posts
I wonder if the wife would notice one more package? I have parts ordered from, Amazon, eBay, and Arctic Cat that should be here this week!
one more package shouldnt matter lol

Attachments

Reactions: Paxx and mlh1962

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Im thinking it's a way to under grease or over grease and blow a seal

IMHO i want to visually see packing and inspect the bearing , I use my Snap On bench model bearing packer and do inspections before and after

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Is that a two piece bearing race? When I changed mine out they didn't spin separately. But it was SHOT! Well, heck. another Prowler tool may be on the way. It would be super easy to shoot a few squirts of grease into the next time I clean and regrease my CV's.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep it's two piece.

My Son-In-Law just told me the new u-joint (that I've had on the shelf since 2016) has a broken needle bearing. :mad: Didn't realize I put the job off that long! I've been trying to cross reference the part at the local parts stores but no luck. If Bass Pro ever returns my call and lets me know if they have one I'll make a trip to the city. Otherwise I'll have to wait on the postman again.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The seller accepted my offer pretty quick, I'll let you know how it works when I get a chance to try it out.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Congrats! Looked like a quality tool.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i am going to be watching this thread. this tool could really change the wear and tear on my rig.

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Thinking the same!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Just for S&G's, I put in an offer of 13.50.... Lets see what happens!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couldn't hurt to try, he accepted my offer pretty quick. Mine should be here Thursday, shipped from WAUKESHA, WI.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: Bryan
1 - 20 of 34 Posts