Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run tracks on my prowler but when I put the tires back on I have to take off the front mounting hardware. I hear bad things about spacers but if I put them on, I could keep the mounting hardware on. Its just a pain in the ass to have to switch everything when I want tires. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it.

Oh ya, I don't ride real hard. Mostly technical and work.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I run tracks on my prowler but when I put the tires back on I have to take off the front mounting hardware. I hear bad things about spacers but if I put them on, I could keep the mounting hardware on. Its just a pain in the ass to have to switch everything when I want tires. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it.

Oh ya, I don't ride real hard. Mostly technical and work.[/q I am a Retired Ford Tech and I can tell you that wheel spacers put too much stress on other parts bearings, ball joints control arms ,frame etc. Even that wrong offset wheels can hurt, I would never run then, But you have to do what you feel is right for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have over 350 miles with my spacers on and I have not had any problems. I do not run it hard every trip (some solo some with family).

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ride pretty hard and run 1.5" spacers on the front and 2" on the back.. The only things I have broken are tie rods.. Since I built my own tierods with heims and misalignments I have not had any issues.. We ride the sand, desert and rocky mountainous trails.. Wonder how those tracks would do in the sand!

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Joe you bring up a good point. I am running 1.5" on all corners and love the stance and stability it gives the cat. A few rides ago I had my left side upper and lower ball joints come out of the joints. These did not fail because of the spacers but due to my horsing around to much and the upper control arm mount tore which allowed the arm to twist causing the joints to fail. I ride this machine hard and everything is holding up great. Another thing to keep in mind is your tires will stick out side your fender even more so it you ride in a lot of wet terrain your tires will throw mud at you. Hope this is helpful.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
463 Posts
those spacers wont be any harder on your suspension than the tracks. just me 2cents

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
those spacers wont be any harder on your suspension than the tracks. just me 2cents
The people that engineer the tracks do just that Engineer them for the model, Also if you can see they give you a arm bra,ces with the kit for the added weight and load. If you had training on suspensions you would see the extra load they put on other parts, I am not telling ANYONE NOT to run wheel spacers, I am just saying I would NOT. You Have to do what makes you happy, it is your machine and you worked hard to pay for it. Many people do run them with no problems. Just like runnig the wrong offset wheels many people run them too, When the company designed you Arctic cat they designed the bearings ball joints control arms for a certain load. when you add spacers you change how the differant parts share they load. Again You have to do what you feel is right for you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
When you upgrade tie rods , or at least with the Unisteer,Rackzilla, you get heims instead of ball joints. Much stronger!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys. I planned on putting 1.5's on. If I leave the mounting hardware for the tracks on, the tires will rub a little. The 1.5's will give it enough clearance so I can just pull the tracks off and bolt the wheels back on. The rear tires clear just fine but I will put spacer all the way around to keep it looking good. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to put fender flairs on because of the tracks sticking out. They didn't help much but they look cool, haha. They work great when the tires are on but the tracks stick out a ways.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
When you upgrade tie rods , or at least with the Unisteer,Rackzilla, you get heims instead of ball joints. Much stronger!
You still have upper and lower ball joints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts