Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to install 2'' lift kit
is it necessary to install wheel spacers if i install a lift kit?
is the whell spacers needed because the way the lift kits are designed or is it to reduce the change in the axles angles ?

what do you lift kit runners thinks

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have 2" spacers on mine. They are designed to widen the stance making your ride more stable. They take some getting used to though. I was riding the Sat. before Christmas, wasnt paying attention to what i was doing going down a trail and my right front tire hit a small tree. Bending the tierod pretty badly. Hope i can straighten back out. I've read on here that you can get longer nuts for the end and it will strengthen them significantly. Something you might want to think about running the spacers.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks like I need spacers to run my xtreme lift.

The rear tires are into my rear shocks.
I am running the walkers so I don't know if stock shocks will clear.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was just looking in to wheel spacers myself.. I've been thinking about lifting mine an inch and a half and putting 1 inch wheel spacers in just to gain more stability.. Good idea on thinking about strenghthening the tie rods Sandy.. That was one of my worries when widening..

·
Registered
491 Posts
IMO wheel spacers are a must for anybody wanting to do any Ass'n around . but with the spacers you need to atleast but the longer jam nuts for the tie rods . spacers put extra load on the steering not really enough to break anything under normal conditions but the signifigantly weaken the already crap tierod ends ...... voice of experenice:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts