Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I went and put some new tires on my 700 prowler, I have stock rims. Here is my question. The previous owner must have used an impact gun to really tighten the nuts. Anyways 4 were stripped on one hub and one on the other rear hub. I was able to get new studs the same size but the spin in the hub, I can get the wheels tight, but is this gonna be okay or should I order new studs from the dealer or will it be okay. I could weld them if that helped.

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hello everyone I went and put some new tires on my 700 prowler, I have stock rims. Here is my question. The previous owner must have used an impact gun to really tighten the nuts. Anyways 4 were stripped on one hub and one on the other rear hub. I was able to get new studs the same size but the spin in the hub, I can get the wheels tight, but is this gonna be okay or should I order new studs from the dealer or will it be okay. I could weld them if that helped.

I would replace the hub. Good luck

·
Registered
583 Posts

Did you put in splined studs like the stockers? If you did they shouldn't spin in the hole. If your holes aren't shot you need to put the stock splined studs in. If they are shot you could try tack welding them to the hubs on the backside, the other option would be to replace the hubs as mentioned.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Get an oem stud and see if it spins as well.

If not get all oem studs.
If it spins get new hubs.

Don't mess with safety

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ended up ordering new studs from the dealer 200km away, cause my local dealer didn;t have any. Should be here for tuesday, the old ones fit tight so I should be okay. Here is hoping. I was told this is a common problem on Arctic Cats so if ya haven;t you might wanna check your wheel studs

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well I ended up ordering new studs from the dealer 200km away, cause my local dealer didn;t have any. Should be here for tuesday, the old ones fit tight so I should be okay. Here is hoping. I was told this is a common problem on Arctic Cats so if ya haven;t you might wanna check your wheel studs
Its a common problem it you dont torque them to specs 45ftlbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well apparently its common right from new, the dealer I ordered from said they get it a lot. Anyways I always have used a tourque wrench and my issue started when I tried to take them off. They were so tight my impact gun wouldn;t work to get them off, I even tried my dewalt cordless impact and it worked, but beat forever before it could get them off.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well apparently its common right from new, the dealer I ordered from said they get it a lot. Anyways I always have used a tourque wrench and my issue started when I tried to take them off. They were so tight my impact gun wouldn;t work to get them off, I even tried my dewalt cordless impact and it worked, but beat forever before it could get them off.
I got screwed by a local garage when I had tires put on the prowler. They ran them on with the same impact they used for cars and ruined a coupled studs and lug nuts. They are fairly soft and easy to ruin if not torqued right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts