Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I want to get a more on-road friendly (wear) yet still capable off-road tire. I live out in a rural area and they are alot more lax about riding on country roads out here. Like taking kids/wife down to a lake a couple miles from my house.

I want to buy Vision Buckshot 15" Wheels but i dont know what widths to get for them. Also do I have to run narrower in front? Can I go the rear width all the way around? I do have 2" spacers on the Cat now.

Also I was looking at regular light truck 15" MT tires rather than ATV tires. Not sure which size works out to what I want. I want like a 28" or 29" tall tire. So was lookig at 235-75/15 tires. Which are about 29" tall and 9.5" wide. They say for 6-7" wide rim.

My stock rear XTZ tires are 26/11/14 in back, does that really mean they are 11 wide if i measured them?

Also it seems crazy to me that the ONLY ATV tire size available for 15" rims are 26"! Is this right? If i do go with an ATV tire I would want 28x15 at least. I want a little more ground clearance.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ok so I want to get a more on-road friendly (wear) yet still capable off-road tire. I live out in a rural area and they are alot more lax about riding on country roads out here. Like taking kids/wife down to a lake a couple miles from my house.

I want to buy Vision Buckshot 15" Wheels but i dont know what widths to get for them. Also do I have to run narrower in front? Can I go the rear width all the way around? I do have 2" spacers on the Cat now.

Also I was looking at regular light truck 15" MT tires rather than ATV tires. Not sure which size works out to what I want. I want like a 28" or 29" tall tire. So was lookig at 235-75/15 tires. Which are about 29" tall and 9.5" wide. They say for 6-7" wide rim.

My stock rear XTZ tires are 26/11/14 in back, does that really mean they are 11 wide if i measured them?

Also it seems crazy to me that the ONLY ATV tire size available for 15" rims are 26"! Is this right? If i do go with an ATV tire I would want 28x15 at least. I want a little more ground clearance.
Yes you can run the rear size on the front so you can rotate.

11" is the width of the tire not the rim. Should be close depending on how much air they set the measurements at.

You should be able to pick any 15 inch car or truck tire you want, but yes the atv market for 15's is slow coming.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can run the rear size on the front so you can rotate.

11" is the width of the tire not the rim. Should be close depending on how much air they set the measurements at.

You should be able to pick any 15 inch car or truck tire you want, but yes the atv market for 15's is slow coming.
Cool so with the 2" spacers I should be able to run 11" wide tires all the way around on like 7" rims?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yep, shouldn't be any issues. Not sure on the offset of the rims but your spacers should compensate.

Might want to check the offset and do the math prior to ordering though to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts