Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have over 4k miles on my stock Shocks. Should I replace them just because? or if they seem ok, just leave them alone? They are probably shot and I'm just used to it. They have been some brutal miles.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not sure on the life of factory shocks, I'm still riding with my originals at over 6,000 miles. My riding style is moderate! If I replace shocks, I think I'll go aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
5+K miles on mine, still doing the job so far … but I don't jump mine or do any of the "kid" stuff to abuse them either , I too will upgrade to some good ones when I do change out, but in all truth with the heavier springs not sure I need the high priced ones now.

for clarification I have aftermarket 350 lb. springs on the rear and the original rears on the front

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That was what I was thinking, heck the springs can be picked up for 30 dollars each!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
aftermarket shocks are not cheap,but the results are un-real when you get them tuned in.......when the wife can tell a difference that's telling you something.:):)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I have over 6,500 but mostly road miles, I would like to try some new ones but the price scares my away.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Yes, talk about sticker shock! And I thought drag racing was getting expensive! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yes, talk about sticker shock! And I thought drag racing was getting expensive! LOL
Not real sure what all is out there in aftermarket that fits our cats besides Walker Evans and King................... I looked at it as if i already put a few thousands in options whats another thousand or so.:D:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I'm not bouncing, just feels a little bumpier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts