Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
No place exciting, went south of town to my in-laws to help with their meds, then to the firehouse to fix one of the truck bay heaters, finished up at the car wash. If I can't make it off road to play there's always on road.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No place exciting, went south of town to my in-laws to help with their meds, then to the firehouse to fix one of the truck bay heaters, finished up at the car wash. If I can't make it off road to play there's always on road.
...wish the state would allow us to "ride" on the road. Are you required to have liability insurance on the vehicle in Missouri?:(

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Yes we have to have insurance, mine is $106 per year through Progressive for full coverage and a $15 permit from the City after the P.D. inspects the vehicle (my nephew is a cop guess who does mine)

Here's what the State of Missouri has on it's DMV site:
Cities/counties are allowed to issue special permits for utility vehicles to be used on county roads within the county or on highways within the city to licensed drivers for a fee of $15. The fee is to be kept by such city/county.

The city requires drivers to be 18 and have a valid licence, here's the main requirements there are a few more details. If you want full details here's a link to the document it starts at section 15-97 http://www.lexingtonmo.com/Documents/CO15.pdf

E. Every all-terrain and utility vehicle operated on a street or highway within
the City shall have the following equipment:
1. A bicycle safety flag, which extends not less than seven (7) feet above the
ground, attached to the rear of the vehicle. The bicycle safety flag shall be
triangular in shape with an area of not less than thirty (30) square inches
and shall be dayglow in color;
2. A lighted headlamp and tail lamp which shall be in operation at any time in
which an all-terrain or utility vehicle is being operated on any street or
highway;
3. A braking system maintained in good operating condition; and
4. An adequate muffler system in good working condition and a United States
Forest Service qualified spark arrester. (Ord. No. 2008-24 §2, 9-9-08;
Ord. No. 2008-24A §§1, 3, 10-14-08)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Think I forgot to say this is only good for streets within the city limits. Although if you throw a feed bucket in the back and a safety triangle you could say I'm heading to the farm and get by on some county gravel roads.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
here in wva,we can ride on any road that dont have center lines,with or without insurance.:D going to take the prowler out today.back feels preety good today.

·
Registered
432 Posts
here in wva,we can ride on any road that dont have center lines,with or without insurance.:D
That would not be to bad.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
well we're more refined in I DE HO ... lol
we can ride all over with a licensed rig [SxS] and a few requirements ... stop light, mirror ect ect [can use hand signals in place of turn indicators still] .. we're supposed to have DOT tires but they don't say anything so far about that ... we just can't use freeways even though mine will do that speed :)

sorry to say my rig is parked at my shop in CdA Idaho and I'm in Reno/Sparks for the winter doing new knees and what fun that is... NOT [two blood clots later, re-admittance to hospital ect. on first knee] but hey we'll be back in late spring.

·
Registered
432 Posts
we can ride all over with a licensed rig [SxS] and a few requirements ... stop light, mirror ect ect [can use hand signals in place of turn indicators still] .. we're supposed to have DOT tires but they don't say anything so far about that ... we just can't use freeways even though mine will do that speed :)

sorry to say my rig is parked at my shop in CdA Idaho and I'm in Reno/Sparks for the winter doing new knees and what fun that is... NOT [two blood clots later, re-admittance to hospital ect. on first knee] but hey we'll be back in late spring.
...be sure to take care of those clots and when you have, the Dr's probably will want you on blood thinners or at least a baby aspirin (81 mg) a day. I am and did not have any clots or knee surgery. Cardiologist put me on them. I now bleed like a stuck hog and when I bump something, bruise. Hate it but don't want any clots.
Why are you a Ho (" I DE HO")?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

Hope things heal up good for you, so you can ride this summer,how are your knees doing.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
not near as far along on it yet as I'd like [only did one do to my size, will do other one later] .. had blood clots in lung so re-hab had to wait, get to start back this coming Monday there. BUTTT I'll get there !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts