Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the summer is over, I am looking to get a bit more performance out of my Prowler 650. The stock carb is a 36mm. I understand the 650 H1 quad comes with a 40mm. Would you recommend going with the quad 40, or maybe an FCR 40? Anyone done this??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, looks like after a bit more research, the ATVs also came with the same 36mm carb.....so no benefit there. Anyway, anyone gone to another carb on your Prowler and noticed a real performance gain? If so, what carb did you use?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I tried a hsr 42 mm. mikuni on mine.It worked well.And the accelerator pump made for better throttle response.I think the flat-cr 40 keihin would be a great choice.Those are just great carbs.I had to do alot of jetting- needle changes to get the right set up though.I think when it was all said and done i had purchased 5 needles plus the one it came with.I ended up with just about the leanest needle they had for it with i think a 160-165 main jet.
If i had it to do all over again i would not have went with the 42 mm.I think a 39 or 40 would be much better for a stock or few bolt ons motor.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ran the 40mm Mikuni pumper style carb in mine. Like Chris said, much better throttle response. Plus, changing jets were a breeze with the mikuni. didn't even have to take the carb off or apart. It was the best mod, for the money, that I did. I bought mine from Hunterworks.com. It was jetted pretty close when I got it. Good investment........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts