Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't find much on a search other than which width to go, and go with aluminum, which didn't help me much because all that I looked at so far are aluminum.

So here is the deal, I'm thinking of going with 1.5" wheel spacers. I've primarily been looking at some on eBay, but each provider claims theirs are the best. I know I will be going with aluminum (since they all seem to be aluminum), but some are designed differently than others. So which one of these to go with? If you know of better ones for a better price please share..............:D

#1 here is the cheapest I found on eBay, but are these cast aluminum or still machined? Should I stay away from these?
Set of 4 - 1.5" Wheel Spacers Arctic Cat 650 Prowler H1 | eBay

#2 are Tusk ones.
Tusk Rear Aluminum Wheel Spacers Pair 45mm Arctic Cat Prowler XT 650 H1 2006

#3 and #4 are similar
ARCTIC CAT PROWLER BILLET 1.50" WHEEL SPACERS 2 PAIR | eBay

ARCTIC CAT PROWLER WHEEL SPACERS (1.5 In) 2 Pr (4/115) | eBay

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I couldn't find much on a search other than which width to go, and go with aluminum, which didn't help me much because all that I looked at so far are aluminum.

So here is the deal, I'm thinking of going with 1.5" wheel spacers. I've primarily been looking at some on eBay, but each provider claims theirs are the best. I know I will be going with aluminum (since they all seem to be aluminum), but some are designed differently than others. So which one of these to go with? If you know of better ones for a better price please share..............:D

#1 here is the cheapest I found on eBay, but are these cast aluminum or still machined? Should I stay away from these?
Set of 4 - 1.5" Wheel Spacers Arctic Cat 650 Prowler H1 | eBay

#2 are Tusk ones.
Tusk Rear Aluminum Wheel Spacers Pair 45mm Arctic Cat Prowler XT 650 H1 2006

#3 and #4 are similar
ARCTIC CAT PROWLER BILLET 1.50" WHEEL SPACERS 2 PAIR | eBay

ARCTIC CAT PROWLER WHEEL SPACERS (1.5 In) 2 Pr (4/115) | eBay
I can't remember the name of the company I used but they look just like #2.

I like both 2-3 and actually #1 may be the lightest and it looks well built.
If it was me I would go with 2 or 3. Mine worked great. The only issue was the material was kinda thick and the factory studs where just long enough to get 4-5 threads through the mounting nuts. So with any spacers this would be a question I would have. Find out how this the material the studs go through, this way you can subtract from the stud lenght and figure out if you have enough to install the nut.

Hope this helps

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no metal expert, but I was curious if #1 was cast aluminum and not machined aluminum? I have read to stick with machined and not cast. So I wasn't sure how that one was made. It is the cheapest I found, but with the weight of these machines I don't want the cheapest quality.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have number 1 and they have been great. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have number 1 and they have been great. Just my opinion.
Joe, are they completely machined aluminum or are they cast aluminum?

·
Registered
861 Posts
i bought mine from utvcrap (or whoever they are now) they are billet. I certainly wouldnt put cast ones on as that is a high stress part. I used red locktite and torqued them down on the rotor then i use blue locktite for the wheel studs...it really sucks losing wheels down a fire road. Also i run offset spacers so i can change the front and rear depending on the riding i do. Not sure it helps but ACs are a PITA to turn in small spaces in the dunes / fire roads esp in 4x. i also do not like the understeer you have in these and i think it helps. but thats my .02 Split

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Joe, are they completely machined aluminum or are they cast aluminum?
They are supposed to be machined and also with the other brands it is hard to remove them with the wheel installed if you twist or have a lug nut stuck on.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are supposed to be machined and also with the other brands it is hard to remove them with the wheel installed if you twist or have a lug nut stuck on.

Thanks for the info Joe. Are the studs in #1 pressed in, or are they threaded in, or have a lock nut on the back side? Maybe I missed this detail mentioned in their add.

Also from your comment above, are you saying with your wheel installed that you can still get to the bolts pretty easily on #1's to take off as a whole unit (wheel and spacer) if needed?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thanks for the info Joe. Are the studs in #1 pressed in, or are they threaded in, or have a lock nut on the back side? Maybe I missed this detail mentioned in their add.

Also from your comment above, are you saying with your wheel installed that you can still get to the bolts pretty easily on #1's to take off as a whole unit (wheel and spacer) if needed?
They are press in with square heads so they wont spin and yes if you need to you can take them off with the wheel on if need be. Hope that helps Thats why I bought them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts