Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I haven't been able to get logged in for awhile,I thought I would post some more pictures of my money pit hobby:D....I installed the new 3.0 razorback inferred belt gauge and my new Super atv arched rear a-arms.very nice product from satv they come with bushings and adjustable camber.I also installed a set of sealsavers on my steering rack boots,the factory ones had to be modified for the bigger heim joints,these velcro over the factory boots,they're made for cv joints....lol but I found another use for them.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
So what's next? Even if you say you're done we know better!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Tell us what you are not going to do, it will be quicker in the long run! LOL Glad your back!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Mike and RD Pretty much done.......I couldn't write up my new signature it was over 1000 letters,I will try again:)
cough cough cough oh excuse me I thought I had a hair ball in my throat , but it was that last post:D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Since I haven't been able to get logged in for awhile,I thought I would post some more pictures of my money pit hobby:D....I installed the new 3.0 razorback inferred belt gauge and my new Super atv arched rear a-arms.very nice product from satv they come with bushings and adjustable camber.I also installed a set of sealsavers on my steering rack boots,the factory ones had to be modified for the bigger heim joints,these velcro over the factory boots,they're made for cv joints....lol but I found another use for them.:)
What kind of temp do you see on your gage? Mine stays right around 180, unless I'm beating on it!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of temp do you see on your gage? Mine stays right around 180, unless I'm beating on it!
Last Friday we rode 20 miles non stop averaging 15 to 35 mph and outside temp was 78 degrees,the hi temp was 163 degrees the low was 155 degrees.204 is the highest I have seen it,that was a 6 miles ride at speeds between 35 and 55 mph and in the throttle hard...as soon as I would let off the temp would drop 5 to 6 degrees instantly........

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is what I see on mine, my gage measures the clutch air out, so it is nowhere near as accurate!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what I see on mine, my gage measures the clutch air out, so it is nowhere near as accurate!

remember I had the same setup on my prowler ambient temp.....my sender was was on the cvt exhaust....the one on my sport takes a reading of the belt between the secondary and primary.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I got use to it, and really don't panic over high temps! I do get concerned about rapid temp rises.

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice setup. How did you get the wireless mounted to the wheel? did it come with the mount or was it separate?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice setup. How did you get the wireless mounted to the wheel? did it come with the mount or was it separate?
Stump426,The wireless remote is made for the steering wheel,it has two rubber straps that wrap around the wheel.......And yes it come with the sound bar,you can buy the sound bar with or without the remote.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Man... You can buy so much neat stuff for the Polaris line up. We have to buy and adapt for the Prowlers any more. Artic Cat is loosing ground fast. The aftermarket companies aren't even looking at A/C for any serious upgrades anymore. I really like the new 1000 General, but the price tag keeps me loyal to my Prowler. Plus the $ I have into it since buying it has me bound to keep it. I love it, but its fun to plug and play stuff into it them. This cut here, weld there to add stuff is getting old. I know, if your gonna play, your gonna pay.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
On the plus side, it keeps you out of your wife's way! Pat exiled me to the garage!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man... You can buy so much neat stuff for the Polaris line up. We have to buy and adapt for the Prowlers any more. Artic Cat is loosing ground fast. The aftermarket companies aren't even looking at A/C for any serious upgrades anymore. I really like the new 1000 General, but the price tag keeps me loyal to my Prowler. Plus the $ I have into it since buying it has me bound to keep it. I love it, but its fun to plug and play stuff into it them. This cut here, weld there to add stuff is getting old. I know, if your gonna play, your gonna pay.

Yea it does suck,Up till 2008 the rhino had the market wrapped up,probably close to 20 rhinos sold for every prowler or more....when I bought mine in 2006 I was really bummed that I couldn't buy much,besides factory accessories,it was at least one year before the aftermarket options opened up some.......................Then come the rzr in 2008,so that put the prowler even farther behind....having my wildcat sport I dont know how to act with all the aftermarket stuff available.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Kinda like the choice's I had as a kid! Muscle Car, or Hot Rod! My Prowler turned into my Hot Rod! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts