1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Mine works

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine works on the XTZ. On my 06 I had to adjust it a couple times, but that made it work just fine. They do stay in adjustment longer if you don't drive around with the parking brake on.........................

·
Registered
67 Posts
I broke mine initially by leaving it on and driving (Doooh!) That just required a pad change. Then, my friend borrowed it and did the same thing. It also developed a siezed piston and stretched parking cable, so I replaced the parking cable and the entire brake assembly. Works fine now. Also replaced the rotor - around $50.

·
Registered
93 Posts
you all can trust them all you want, i know they ain't worth beans, and won't trust mine at all. the hydraulic lock thing is the first thing i will put on when i get back in Oct.
Steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
For the guys that have one that doesn't work, where are you guys adjusting it?
I tried to adjust the cable first but it still didn't hold. I then loosened the cable, moved the arm on the caliper one notch, then adjusted the cable so it worked good. Like I said earlier, no problems now. (and I never drove with it on ;) )

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
If you adjust it correctly and keep up on the adjustment it works good. When you run out of adjustment then you have to reclock the arm. Go Prowler Nation

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The service manual has a good write up on adjusting.
You have to re-position the arm the manual gives the spec's clearly.
I adjusted mine per. the manual and works good now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.