Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all my gear ready. Rifle fine tuned. Just waiting for that special date.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Got all my gear ready. Rifle fine tuned. Just waiting for that special date.
When does your season start,are season don't start until oct 1'st for squirrel and grouse and bow hunting.and our rifle season for deer don't start until thanksgiving week.I dont like to hunt when it's hot out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just got back from a 3 day trip. Had 2 bou down by 7am opening morning. Put 91 hard miles on the prowler and a great time. Few pics that had on my phone. When I get my crap sorted out and charge the camera might start a thread.

lil bro's bou

other little bro's bou

Amazing Terrain on old mining roads

high country about 5K ft

Prowler Paradise

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Great pictures,thanks for posting,hope to see more.:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Those going out in the field or even camping what are some cant leave behind items for your prowler?

For me;

Spare tire, patch kit, tire pump, bag of tools mostly metric sockets and wrenches, extra fuses, a jug of coolant, small set of jumper cables.

I don't really have any spare parts I take, I don't even have a spare belt come to think of it. My thinking is if something happens at least I might have the tools to take parts off in order to limp back.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Those going out in the field or even camping what are some cant leave behind items for your prowler?

For me;

Spare tire, patch kit, tire pump, bag of tools mostly metric sockets and wrenches, extra fuses, a jug of coolant, small set of jumper cables.

I don't really have any spare parts I take, I don't even have a spare belt come to think of it. My thinking is if something happens at least I might have the tools to take parts off in order to limp back.
I carry about the same,I also carry a portable jump starter,small air compressor.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Seeing more hunters on the trail, selecting their site's, getting the tree stands up, and putting out bait, I mean compose pile's. I don't hunt, but in my area it is a way of life. I do allow neighbors, and friend to hunt my 20 acres, as long as they us know so we don't go out while there hunting.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Nice gone2hills!

I go out 26 & 27 for caribou
Back home for anniversery the 30th 10years now
Then out on the 31st for moose that opens on sept 1

Just getting the piles of gear up from the crawl space
Built a meat wagon with the kid's help

Got to put lights on the machine.
And a gun rack, Thinking about putting a lookout seat on the roof!
Got a buddy that said he would ride up there if I build it.

Also waiting on a new clutch setup from airdam///

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

For me;

recovery gear !! ... emergency food / MRE's just a couple for that "Oh Crap" day .. Shovel/Ax / Bow Saw or Chain Saw if in the woods, nothing worse than a downed tree 10 miles up a draw with no turnaround room .. emergency heat source , candle or petroleum jelly to light a fire in wet conditions . hand warmer packets . emergency tarp / shelter .. takes no space but will save ya if out in it and broke down in foul weather. and the list can go on for ever ..

where ya at ? terrain ? .. in your hunting area

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
recovery gear !! ... emergency food / MRE's just a couple for that "Oh Crap" day .. Shovel/Ax / Bow Saw or Chain Saw if in the woods, nothing worse than a downed tree 10 miles up a draw with no turnaround room .. emergency heat source , candle or petroleum jelly to light a fire in wet conditions . hand warmer packets . emergency tarp / shelter .. takes no space but will save ya if out in it and broke down in foul weather. and the list can go on for ever ..

Gary when you you and your crew head out I think you have all the bases covered as for as supply's.:cool::)

·
Registered
282 Posts

I hear on the list going on forever. I have a torch for one of those little propane bottles works great for starting fires wet or dry.

Eureka is the general area I was riding, 130 miles northeast of Anchorage, Alaska. When I leave my house (driving Truck)im at about sea level that's why I put the elev at 5K in one of the pic.

Terrain is mostly on old mining roads put in with tractors prob 40-50 yrs ago. There are still some active mines out there so the trails can be nice or very tore up depending on the gear their bringing in. This is also full size mod truck country so lots of holes. Lots of hills and creek bottoms. This year the water levels were very low but other years can be very dangerous if rain is heavy. Pretty slow going really, prob avrg. 8-10 mph, trying to pick lines that will keep all 4 wheels down. There is a hill on the trail about 15 miles in that keeps 60% of the people out of there(monument but I call it widowmaker).

If you google Eureka Alaska you will get some great vids of the terrain

·
Registered
282 Posts
And a gun rack, Thinking about putting a lookout seat on the roof!
Got a buddy that said he would ride up there if I build it.
I have been seeing more and more of the those lookout seats. Nobody riding on them but used when at camp or taking breaks to glass. Good Idea for sure. If I ever get around to a roof rack im going to make sure its solid enough to climb up there and stand.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I hear on the list going on forever. I have a torch for one of those little propane bottles works great for starting fires wet or dry.

Eureka is the general area I was riding, 130 miles northeast of Anchorage, Alaska. When I leave my house (driving Truck)im at about sea level that's why I put the elev at 5K in one of the pic.

Terrain is mostly on old mining roads put in with tractors prob 40-50 yrs ago. There are still some active mines out there so the trails can be nice or very tore up depending on the gear their bringing in. This is also full size mod truck country so lots of holes. Lots of hills and creek bottoms. This year the water levels were very low but other years can be very dangerous if rain is heavy. Pretty slow going really, prob avrg. 8-10 mph, trying to pick lines that will keep all 4 wheels down. There is a hill on the trail about 15 miles in that keeps 60% of the people out of there(monument but I call it widowmaker).

If you google Eureka Alaska you will get some great vids of the terrain
Do you have any pictures,sounds interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts