Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body tried to swap the wildcat stator to xtz.the wildcat puts I belive 36 amps out compared to the xtz 24 or 28.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Has any body tried to swap the wildcat stator to xtz.the wildcat puts I belive 36 amps out compared to the xtz 24 or 28.
I have inquired about this to a few dealers. They all say the same thing. the AC engineers don't want to tell them for some reason. I am going to try it one of these days. I will look at the part numbers of the flywheel and stator and try to get some measurement when I can. I don't know if the connectors Are the same either. Let us know if you have a go at it. I could use the extra output with my larger fuel pump and all the lights and gadgets. Thanks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
be interested in any outcome of this mod here also

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill go to my cat dealer they sponsor me and we will look up numbers and see if. Can confrence. Call our buddy at cat and see what he comes up with

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ill go to my cat dealer they sponsor me and we will look up numbers and see if. Can confrence. Call our buddy at cat and see what he comes up with
Hi mytater there is probably no chance of it working on the 650 H1 I believe the 650 h1 is 27 amp

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
650 is carbed.it has a differnt pulse rate than efi bikes.and the 1000 has a differnt signal that the small ores due to firing on two cyl.there is a company that will rewind the stators I can remember but ill check on it.I don't know if ricks stator does rewinds on cats..I had a friend with a tcat he had his rewinded because of the stereo and lights.but the guy that done it said he'd have to run light and stereo all the time or it would fry other parts.I don't want that I just want enough to run nite lights and still have power when the fan kicks on and draws the juice

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I wasn't sure if carb or EFI made a difference,ricky stater is who your thinking of ,Yea he can beef one up.I am not to bad so far I got hids in high and low beam and a 72 watt led light bar which is gods plenty of lighting for me,but like you said when fan kicks on it draws it down.If I just have low beam on it's not to bad,or if I just run light bar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well so far the cranks are the same I have the cat tech and sponsor working on if the swap will cosist of flywheel and stator.the plugs are the same.they seem to think because of the higher output it will have to hav e the combo of flywheel ans stator.ill let y'all know more soon

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Well so far the cranks are the same I have the cat tech and sponsor working on if the swap will cosist of flywheel and stator.the plugs are the same.they seem to think because of the higher output it will have to hav e the combo of flywheel ans stator.ill let y'all know more soon
Great keep us posted.Thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts