Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I don't even know if the dealers have any yet????

·
Registered
97 Posts
i drove one at the dealer a few weeks ago. its very impressive. prowler has a 99% chance of being traded. on paved lot with a salesman in the car with me it was nothing for us to get a nice power slide, both of us are in the 250-275 range. salesman wanted to feel the power, in 4 low on pavement it spun all 4 tires, in high it spun about 1/2 rotation and took off. hit 25mph in just a little more then the width of the shop door. steering was easy, at a stand still i feel my wife wont have any issue turning the wheel. easing over curbs in the parking lot felt like they had ramps on them, it was so much smoother then my xtz i cant really compair the 2. the motor doesnt sound as bad as the rzr but its not v-twin. imagine the 800 rzr with a bit deeper tone and without the bumblebee buzz. there's a vid over on highlifter of one embarissing a 1000 commander, also "reports" on the internet that say in a short run 150' or so i has a length on the 900 rzr. with it being under 1000lbs and all the big boys 1,300+ power to weight is close, plus the belt/transaxle seems to be very efficiant. when you stab the throttle it feels like a care with a button clutch, just instant. no thought of wet clutch engauging maybe slip a bit and loosing hp in trans, driveshaft, and diff. just an instant go.

now if your over 6' tall it may be a tight fit. im right at 6 and had couple inches between knee and dash. seat looks like it could easily be moved back i dont know for sure, the doors are a bit close also, but it didnt bother me. cat seems to already have a door that gives more room in the cab.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i drove one at the dealer a few weeks ago. Its very impressive. Prowler has a 99% chance of being traded. On paved lot with a salesman in the car with me it was nothing for us to get a nice power slide, both of us are in the 250-275 range. Salesman wanted to feel the power, in 4 low on pavement it spun all 4 tires, in high it spun about 1/2 rotation and took off. Hit 25mph in just a little more then the width of the shop door. Steering was easy, at a stand still i feel my wife wont have any issue turning the wheel. Easing over curbs in the parking lot felt like they had ramps on them, it was so much smoother then my xtz i cant really compair the 2. The motor doesnt sound as bad as the rzr but its not v-twin. Imagine the 800 rzr with a bit deeper tone and without the bumblebee buzz. There's a vid over on highlifter of one embarissing a 1000 commander, also "reports" on the internet that say in a short run 150' or so i has a length on the 900 rzr. With it being under 1000lbs and all the big boys 1,300+ power to weight is close, plus the belt/transaxle seems to be very efficiant. When you stab the throttle it feels like a care with a button clutch, just instant. No thought of wet clutch engauging maybe slip a bit and loosing hp in trans, driveshaft, and diff. Just an instant go.

Now if your over 6' tall it may be a tight fit. Im right at 6 and had couple inches between knee and dash. Seat looks like it could easily be moved back i dont know for sure, the doors are a bit close also, but it didnt bother me. Cat seems to already have a door that gives more room in the cab.
thats some great news,glad to hear some feed back.............:)

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Damn, glad to hear this! Maybe a second machine for the wife? If I give it as a present, that would work! Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
well, im going out right now to strip my xtz down to mostly stock. as soon as my black wildcat trail xt finds its way from theif river falls minnesota to waco tx i'll be able to answer some question.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
are you gonna have any stuff for sale??:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
what do you want. i have a pcv with auto tune and wide band o2, 2.5" bracket lift, a pair of 350# rear springs, overhead radio for 2011 stock cage, possibly muzzy true duals. ron woods intake with k&n. depends on offer and time. trail is set to be here mon, but i cant get off till thur. planned to leave the springs and muzzy's dont know if i can find all my factory stuff, i think i have it but dont know if a few hundred is worth my time. maybe a couple other things?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That sounds like it would be fun to drive. It will be interesting to see what aftermarket stuff becomes available, wonder how an atv plow would work on it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have always said my favorite scooter was my 06 650 h1, i liked it over either of my 1000's and either of my prowlers. this thing was more fun on the test drive then any other's ive had. i know this is just my opinion but my money so thats what matters. i really had to force myself to park it, could have drove in circles al day in the parking lot

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
First on the block to own one! Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a great trail machine, the 50" width opens up a lot of trails! Congrats on your purchase.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
That sounds like it would be fun to drive. It will be interesting to see what aftermarket stuff becomes available, wonder how an atv plow would work on it?
probably work great.......:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i have always said my favorite scooter was my 06 650 h1, i liked it over either of my 1000's and either of my prowlers. this thing was more fun on the test drive then any other's ive had. i know this is just my opinion but my money so thats what matters. i really had to force myself to park it, could have drove in circles al day in the parking lot
Thats good news on you new buggy now you can keep us up-dated on how you like it....I heard there will be lots of after market parts available.......lot of trail still only 50''.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i picked it up today. power is nice, different but nice. my 1000 prowler hit harder but kinda falls off after the initial hit(never messed with clutching, just added some hp). the trail snaps good, and pulls flat from 0 to around 60, then will go up to 65-66. have not beat on it much since i only have an hour on it so far. i did put my 31" outlaws on it tonight. on my ss wheels and 2" spacer no rub at all. this is with comlpete stock suspension, and preload adjustment the way it came from AC. without the spacers they did rub on the inside a full lock, with spacers fit is perfect. now, with these heavy tall agressive tires it pulls them fine. doesnt seem to care they are on there, still has decent pull and small hills by the house are not an issue. motor dont lug, just ease right on up, roll the gas and spin tires. so far im happy happy happy.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
good news ....thanks for sharing:D:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
do you have aftermarket options available for add-ons ? or factory for that matter ? … haven't followed that rig so no idea.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i picked it up today. power is nice, different but nice. my 1000 prowler hit harder but kinda falls off after the initial hit(never messed with clutching, just added some hp). the trail snaps good, and pulls flat from 0 to around 60, then will go up to 65-66. have not beat on it much since i only have an hour on it so far. i did put my 31" outlaws on it tonight. on my ss wheels and 2" spacer no rub at all. this is with comlpete stock suspension, and preload adjustment the way it came from AC. without the spacers they did rub on the inside a full lock, with spacers fit is perfect. now, with these heavy tall agressive tires it pulls them fine. doesnt seem to care they are on there, still has decent pull and small hills by the house are not an issue. motor dont lug, just ease right on up, roll the gas and spin tires. so far im happy happy happy.
Thats great news,I have a buudy that own's a A/C and Kawaski shop he is think ing about buying a new Trail he really likes how it runs.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
do you have aftermarket options available for add-ons ? or factory for that matter ? … haven't followed that rig so no idea.
There isn't much available right now for after market stuff. But the factory accesorries are starting to show up at some dealers. I don't have a trail myself. But am watching them closely. Once they offer a snowplow. Im thinkin I will trade my prowler off. Also saw one guy installed the OEM plastic RZR roof on his trail. Looked factory.

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Be interesting to see how the aftermarket embraces the AC Trail.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts